[CH24]Rising Stakes

Author = [Hello]
Actions = Sigh
Emphasizing = Why
Thoughts = 'Why'
Speaking = "Why"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/n Pov

Knock Knock Knock

The sound of a fist knocking on glass woke me from my slumber. Which sucked because I rarely sleep and it's honestly the best part of my life. I look towards the source of the sound and see that it was one of Cinder's pawns, Smeraldo, I think her name was. Catching my eye she beckoned me over as she opened the window to let me inside. I slip right through and look to Cinder who spoke up. "Tonight's the big dance, seeing as you're new to the group i'll explain the plan. When everyones at the dance I shall break into the CCT systems tower and plant a virus that Watts designed. If it's needed you may have to cause a distraction for me to sneak off."

I nod, "Fine, I already got a date with the Schnee so I may already have a few eyes on me. In fact, I already had my own plans in motion." I divulge with a smile under my mask as I think about it. 'And when Blake is torn from her friends her lil bro is gonna have a great time.'

Cinder replied, "Just don't let your plans interfere with the real plan. Got it?" She questioned with a glare that made me chuckle.

Rolling my eyes, "You really should stop trying to threaten me. Unlike Smaragd or Mercury i'm not someone anyone can boss around." I mock as I make my way towards the door. "Next time you try to control me and i'll drive my sword straight through you. Only time you'll ever feel a man inside you I bet." I mock as I leave the room, using the door to block a bolt of fire.

After that little incident I decided to push my plans forward. With a snap of my fingers my clothing changed to that of the foreigners set, minus the hood and glasses. After the quick swap I made my way to Team RWBY's dorm and began knocking. And when Weiss opened the door I put on my best smile, "Oh perfect." Weiss quirks her brow. "I've been meaning to ask you something. You see, we've been on the wrong foot since we met and I felt it'd be best to fix that. So, just me, you, and a cafe. My treat."

Weiss contemplated, "Hmph, I guess I could allow it considering we are going to the dance together." She accepted as she opened the door all the way. "Very well, shall we go then?"

I take her hand, "It'd be my pleasure Miss Schnee." And with that we being our walk to the Bullhead. It is was quiet and peaceful, something I absolutely love. It was like this all the way up to the cafe. "So, I don't believe i've said it but i'm sorry about slapping you. I wasn't in the best of places when we first met."

Weiss huffed, "Sounds about right. As Yang would say you were a total edgelord."

"Exasperated I still don't know what that means..."I complain to which Weiss chuckled.

Sipping late, "Yes, you are quite unaware of many things. That fact amazes me with how skilled you are in other areas."

"Yeah, I get that a lot." I say as I fake a sad tone.

"I'm not doing this again." She scowls. "What's happening going on?"

"Excu--"

"Tell me why you're doing this. I know a facade when I see one. Before you disappeared you were completely cold and distant. And now that your back your entire persona got flipped. Whatever happened in the time between made you more relaxed."

"Relaxed?" I questioned with genuine surprise as I look at my own actions before my return.

Weiss nodded, "Indeed. You've been more talkative and less high-strung. Like Blake." It took a lot of will to not scowl and she noticed. "Oh? You have a problem with Blake? Why is that?" I try to raise my hands to stop her but she delivers an ultimatum. "You tell me or our date is off."