[CH23]It's Time For The Past

Author = [Hello]
Actions = Sigh
Emphasizing = Why
Thoughts = 'Why'
Speaking = "Why"
Present Speech = *Why*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3rd Pov

MENAGERIE 13 YEARS AGO

The book opens as we get a birds eye view of Menagerie. The sun shines upon the people as we switch shots to that of one Blake Belladonna. A small faunus four years of age. Along side her is her father Ghira Belladonna and in front of her is her mom, Kali Belladonna, holding the hand of a strange silver eyed boy. The black cat hid behind her father as the two approached them.

"Blake." Kali called her daughter as she knelt down to her. "This is your brother Y/n."

"He's not a cat." She stated bluntly as she pointed as his wolf ears.

"Not cat?" The two year old repeated.

"No Blake he isn't. He's an arctic wolf. Your mom and I are taking care of him because his mom couldn't anymore." Her father spoke with some guilt evident in his eyes.

*I found out that his home in Mantle was burnt down by some extremists. We still don't know where his mom went. Just that she had handed her son off to a building ran by the White Fang.*

*How did get all the way to Menagerie then?* Yang questioned.

*Mom had a friend stationed up there and when she heard her gossip about it, she went off and took him off the White Fang's hands.* Yang nods as Blake goes back to telling her tale. *After I got over my initial fears, we grew very close to each other.*

Light flashes as we see Blake reading one of Y/n's favorite bed time stories, The Ancient Awaits. She didn't understand the words in the slightest but he seemed happy about it so she was happy.

A year later we see the two attending a peaceful protest with their parents. Y/n is seen to show slight anger at the sight of humans completely ignoring them. He tried to go up to them but was stopped by Blake.

At five we see Y/n running from his sister as he held onto her favorite ribbon. He rushed through the market place with surprising agility for his age thanks to his aura having unlocked late last year.

Around six Y/n became emotionally distant while Blake did everything in her power to help her brother. He was never the same. Even when Kali awoke from her comatose state two years later.

Seven year old Y/n is seen sneaking out with Blake to train with Sienna and Adam. Blake didn't like this but would rather stick it out instead of becoming distant to Y/n. No matter what happened to him she would be there.

Blake spat, *I remember making that promise. I hate that I never kept it.*

Year eight of Y/n's life with Blake went by quickly. Thanks to Mom waking up, Dad came back to his senses, and Y/n started being the happy brother again. At least, that's what their parents saw. Blake knew he was putting up a front. They had a tight bond after all.

*Then, a year later it happened.* Blake spoke, her voice weakening. *I wanted to cheer him up like the old days, so an eleven year old Blake got the bright idea of playing tag...*

Y/n shouted, "Get back here Blake! You can't run forever!"

Blake hopped over carts and slid under tables as Y/n chased. "Oh but I can lil bro! Last I checked you never caught me once Snowball!" She shouted back as she turned a corner and began dodging through crowds of faunus.

Y/n growled, "What did I say about calling me Snowball?!" He shouted, garnering some amused laughs from the adults. Their games of chase became so common it didn't affect any of them anymore.