Chapter 2-I: Bath Time!

One day, I've adopted three monstergirls. I'm not sure what led me to take this decision... all I know is that I just couldn't leave them alone.

Eryn took off his mask and windbreaker, then tossed them on to the sofa.

"Hum..." Eryn folded his arms, tapping his finger on his left arm. He wasn't sure what would be the next course of action. I honestly didn't think I get this far. Perhaps I should refer to the notebook... just as he was considering that...

"Uhm, Eryn?" a voice called out shyly, breaking his train of thought.

"What is it, Iris?" Eryn bowed his head to look at her.

"I'm... really grateful you've adopted us and given us a home." Iris twiddled with her fingers, her eyes darting around the floor. "A-And, I don't want to sound too selfish..."

"Hmmm...?" Eryn tilted his head at a curious angle. It seems she wants to ask something...

"Do you... have a bathroom?" Iris asked.

"... Oh, right!" Eryn slammed his fist into his palm in realization. "You haven't had your baths yet, have you?"

"We h-haven't..." Iris replied timidly.

"It's okay, Iris." Eryn patted her head gently to reassure her. "That's not selfish at all! Baths are necessary, after all."

"Ah... okay!" Iris smiled brightly.

"Let me get the bath ready." Eryn stood up and rolled up his sleeves. Of course, they need their baths. How could I forget?

He walked over to his bathroom and opened the door. Guess this big bath will see better use now. He drew the curtains away, revealing a sizable bathtub. He looked into the bathtub and sealed off the drain. Then he turned on the faucet and let the water flow in. He ran his hand over the streaming water and made minor adjustments to the temperature. Hopefully, it's warm enough for them. He sat on the edge of the bathtub, waiting for it to fill up.

"Wow! Your bathtub is huge, Eryn!" Iris exclaimed.

"Iris? And Lofie..." Eryn turned his head around and noticed Iris and Lofie standing outside the bathroom. Didn't expect them to follow me here.

"I've never seen a bathtub this big before!" Iris's eyes sparkled with excitement, like that of an innocent child. Well, she is a child, in a way...

"Waaah..." Lofie stared in awe. She tugged at her sister's arm. "Iris! Iris! Let's take a bath!"

Eryn smiled at her eagerness. It contrasted with her usual demeanor. Lofie is awfully expressive...

"This bathtub will take a while to fill." Eryn stood up, putting his hands on his hips. "Could you two... actually, where's Melty?"

"I hate baths..." Melty popped her head in, appearing in view. "I don't want to take baths!"

"Melty!" Iris folded her arms, clearly displeased with her. "It's not good to skip baths!"

"But I don't wanna!" Melty huffed.

"Eryn will kick you out." Lofie cut in, in a deadpanned tone. "Bad Melty."

"H-Hehh?!" Fear set in to Melty's eyes. Her ears began trembling. "B-But...!"

I didn't realize Lofie's got a sharp tongue... it's always the quiet ones, huh? Eryn hummed. Well, surely Melty understands she's joking-

Melty frantically ran to Eryn and hugged him. "Please don't kick me out, Eryn!" Tears began welling up in her eyes. "But I hate baths! They're scary!"