Chapter 37: To the Food Court!

After a good little shopping adventure through the School of Knowledge, what would be a fine way to conclude their shopping? Time struck noon; humans and monstergirls alike were gathering at the Food Court level.

"Woah, seems like it might get real crowded soon!" Azusa commented on the scene unfolding before them.

"It would appear a lot of people are flocking to the Food Court." Yvonne stroked her chin as she observed the level below them. "Eryn, would you like to have lunch? Perhaps you'd like to check out the food they serve in Mega-Monstah."

"Oh, I'm a little curious," Eryn replied. What sort of food would they have in this mall? Surely, it wouldn't be that different from other malls. Considering this mall caters to monstergirls, I imagine there's going to be more variety on the menu! He turned to the three monstergirls. "What do you all think? Would you all like to eat here?"

"Yeah!" Melty pumped her fists up. "I wanna check the food out!"

"Humhum." Lofie bobbed her head, her ears twitching upwards.

"I guess all the shopping did make us a little hungry." Iris smiled with a hint of shyness.

"Great!" Eryn clapped his hands. "Let's check it out then!"

As they have done before, they walked onto one of the magical tiles, this time the ones that emitted a red glow. They descended until they reached the Food Court level, stepping off into the area.

The hustling and bustling of humans and monstergirls ordering food and eating together greeted their eyes. The court extended far beyond than their eyes could see, and yet many tables and chairs were already occupied.

"Wow, it looks much more crowded up close!" Azusa adjusted her glasses like they were binoculars.

"It will prove challenging to find an empty spot to sit in at this time of day." Yvonne folded her arms as her eyes scanned around. "I apologize that you'll have to deal with this inconvenience, Eryn."

"Oh, don't worry about it, really." Eryn waved his hands around. "It's part of the mall experience. I think we can take a look around first if that's okay with you."

"... Fine by me." Yvonne nodded. "I will keep watch for any empty spots."

The group explored the food court, seeing the many food stalls strung along the area. Not to mention the many themes that piqued Eryn's interest. Fire-themed, water-themed, and forest-themed stalls caught his attention. Am I seeing cloud-shaped stalls in the sky? He guessed this diversity in themes catered to the monstergirls who came from wildly different environments. Would they serve... animal-styled food? Maybe Melty would fit right in with that fiery stall! What could a hinezumi eat, though? Literal fire?

"Eumi-Sea is open! Eumi-Sea is open! Please eat with us!"

"Hmmm...?" Eryn's eyes traced the cheerful voice coming from... a little girl? She was waving her hands around to anyone in the vicinity. A pink traditional-styled dress fitted her figure. She stood next to a bright blue stall. Glowing blue letters trimmed with sea foam spelled out "Eumi-Sea!" above an arched counter decorated with shimmering shells, pearls, and bubbles. Was this stall trying to capture the essence of the oceans?

What stood out to him the most though was the fact this stall had absolutely no customers. The chairs and tables in front of the stall were untouched. Everyone was simply passing by, as if this little girl's voice couldn't reach their ears and was simply drowned by the hustling and bustling nature of the mall.