Chapter 3-I: Fiery Morning!

"Mhmmm..."

A brand new day had settled. The Sun shone its magnificent rays through the windows of a house, landing on the face–more accurately, the eyes–of our unfortunate protagonist.

He slowly opened his eyes, blinking a few times to clear his hazy vision. He let out a deep and long breath.

Morning already...? When did I fall asleep? He apparently didn't realize he passed out sooner than he expected.

Ah, it won't hurt to sleep a little longer. Giving in to his sleepiness, he closed his eyes once more, ready to drift into slumber.

My body... really feels heavy. Quite heavy. Did he not sleep enough? Did he completely exhaust himself somehow? It feels so... unnaturally heavy. Maybe I do need to sleep more.

He attempted to shift his body but was unable to move even a single muscle. Huh...? As he regained his consciousness, he could feel a considerable weight on his left arm, right arm, and his chest.

It's like... someone's pushing me down. He tried to wiggle his body around, to no avail. Am I... experiencing sleep paralysis?! Yeah, right...

He tried craning his head up and felt something... fluffy under his chin. What's this... soft sensation? It felt familiar to him, as if he felt this quite recently. He could feel someone faintly breathing against him.

He moved his head around to get a better view, and his eyes immediately widened at the sight. What the... He looked to his left, then to his right... and finally understood the cause of this considerable weight on his body.

The monstergirls were sleeping with him. Iris was on top of him, Melty was on his left while Lofie was on his right. He was reminded that... right, I adopted three monstergirls.

W-When did they crawl into the couch?! Surely, if three people tried to sleep with him, he would have at least woken up. Man, I must have passed out real bad.

Eryn let out a sigh. He was pondering how to get out of this mess. He considered waking them up, but looking at their peaceful, sleeping faces, he didn't have the heart to do it. I can't... disturb them. They probably haven't had a decent sleep in a long while.

His eyes shot open with determination. Alright, engaging stealth mode! With meticulous movements, he carefully pulled his arms from under Melty's and Lofie's body. Then, with his free arms, he gently hugged Iris close to his chest and raised his body. So far, so good.

He slowly inched himself back to sit on the armrest. Slowly, he laid down Iris's body...

"Mhmm..." In her sleep, Iris gripped on to Eryn's clothes, preventing his escape.

Uh, oh... well, he didn't expect to get into this predicament. Please let go, Iris... he carefully pried her hands away and slipped away from the couch.

Success! He pumped his fists up in victory. Man, my arms feel kinda numb... What a way to start the day, he thought. Now, what's next...

He observed the sleeping monstergirls for a moment. Right... breakfast. That was the next thing he had to be mindful about. When they wake up, they would surely be hungry. He didn't know what monstergirls would eat. Do they eat food like humans do? They... wouldn't eat human flesh, would they? He gulped at the thought, hoping it was not the case.

He dug his hands into his windbreaker's pocket to take the notebook. He flipped it open, trying to find if there was any relevant information about the monstergirls' diet. Sure enough, it was noted down in pristine detail. Thank you, Aiden, Amber.