Chapter 36: Shopping for School!

"Eryn, Eryn. Look at this."

"Oh, is this what you were looking at before, Lofie?"

Lofie was standing in front of a bag display. This same display had captured her attention with its bags that came in many shapes and colors. Her eyes were drawn to the green-colored one.

"I think these are school bags!" Azusa adjusted her glasses. "You can't go wrong with school bags! Everyone needs them to carry their prized possessions."

"These bags do look nice." Eryn grabbed a random bag off the display. Its size was small, compact, and its quality appeared durable. It's quite light, too!

"Come to think of it, do you have any of your old school bags, Eryn?" Azusa asked.

"No, they're all worn out..." Eryn sighed. "All I have is my laptop bag. And maaaybe the suitcase if you want to qualify that as a bag here."

"Right... you weren't much for taking care of your old stuff."

"Ouch." Eryn crossed his arms. "Did you really have to say that?"

Azusa stuck her tongue out. "I jest."

"I really like this bag, Eryn." Lofie took off the green bag that had caught her eyes. Its bright color matched the color of her skirt. Maybe that's why she adored it.

"That's a nice color." Eryn crouched beside her and patted her head. "Do you want to have this bag, Lofie?"

"Ahm..." Lofie looked at Eryn, then looked at the bag. Her tail began wagging intensely as she drew the bag closer to her face.

"Haha, I believe I can take it as a yes?" He grinned. How adorable it was to see her tail express her answer. "I'll get that for you then."

"... Really?" Her fluffy dog ears twitched.

"Of course, you need a school bag if you're going to school, after all." He stood up, looking for the other two monstergirls. "And I believe Iris and Melty will need their own school bags, as well."

"We're here!" Melty popped up along with Iris. The hinezumi's eyes stared at the bag in his hands. "Oh, what's that, Eryn?"

"A school bag." He answered, putting it back on the display. "I figured you two would need school bags to carry your stuff."

"Oh, this one looks cool!" Melty grabbed the red-colored one off the display. It didn't surprise Eryn one bit that she went for this color.

"Oh..." Silently, Iris stared at the selection of bags; she didn't reach for any of the bags as her sisters did which Eryn noticed.

"Don't you want to choose a bag, Iris?" Eryn moved next to her.

"... Can I, Eryn?" She looked at him with upturned eyes, unsure. And yet similar to Lofie's tail, her tail curled around from side to side.

"Why not?" He smiled. "You'd need a nice bag for school, don't you think?"

Iris returned her eyes to the bag display. Those bags looked cute, she thought. Her eyes shifted to Lofie's green bag, and then to Melty's red bag. Their bags looked cute too. Her eyes then stopped at Eryn.

"If Eryn doesn't mind getting it for me..." Iris bowed her head and twiddled with her fingers. Standing up on her toes, she grabbed a seemingly white bag and took it off. At a closer glance, its color resembled her own hair color, a pale purple.

"That's a pretty color, Iris." He caressed her head between the ears. "Do you want this bag?"

"Yes..." Iris nodded timidly. "I like this bag."