Chapter 34: Not so Ordinary!

"Let's begin exploring Mega-Monstah, shall we?"

"Yeah!"

Eryn, Azusa, and the three monstergirls would soon begin their little exploration through the grand mall of Mega-Monstah. However, none of them knew where to even begin, given how vast the mall was.

Luckily, they had someone familiar with the layout of the mall: Yvonne the soldier beetle. Eryn asked her if she could give them a tour since it was their first time at the mall; she was more than willing to lend them a hand.

"Mega-Monstah has several levels to it." Yvonne drew her hand above, drawing attention to the various floors above them. "Generally speaking, facilities of similar purposes are grouped together on the same floor."

"I see." Eryn folded his arms. The group stood on the ground floor—the first level of the mall. Looking around, he wondered what facilities this level was providing. Clothing stores, electronics, and food stalls caught his attention.

"The first level of this mall is... interesting, to say the least." Yvonne turned to him. "You may be wondering what all the facilities here have in common."

"Yes... this level seems pretty diverse."

"That's because the first floor highlights all the kind of facilities you can find here." Yvonne raised a finger. "Popular, trending, and new facilities can be found on the first floor, and it changes every week."

"Oh, wow." Eryn's eyes widened in awe. So it's like a general preview of the entire mall. An all-in-one.

"For example..." Yvonne looked around and her eyes stopped at a promotional poster. "New furniture was recently released, and you can simply check that store out. If you're looking for more options with furniture, then you can head to one of the higher levels dedicated to them."

"New furniture, huh...?" Eryn stroked his chin. That does pique my interest.

"Say, Eryn... aren't you in need of a couch?" Azusa patted his shoulder. "Maybe you can find a new one right here, don't you think?"

"Huh... I didn't think about that, actually." Eryn blinked. Now that she mentions it, I could see if they have a couch I like!

"In other words, the first level is a mix of all the other floors above us, right?" Azusa asked.

"Correct. You can put it that way." Yvonne nodded. "If you're interested, would you like to explore what this level has to offer? Or would you prefer to head to the next level?"

"Well..." Eryn scratched the back of his head, appearing in deep thought. I am not so sure... either option is fine. His attention diverted to the monstergirls. "What do you all think?"

"I'm fine with whatever Eryn wants," Iris replied with a smile.

"Humhum." Lofie bobbed her head in agreement.

"We'll follow wherever Eryn goes!" Melty pumped her fists up.

"Well..." Eryn chuckled. As adorable as their answers were, the decision was still left up to him. "Since we already have an idea of what this floor is about, why don't we head up?"

"Okay!" The three monstergirls replied in unison.

"Mhmm..." Yvonne stared at the three monstergirls. The monstergirls look up to him, do they not? It was an adorable sight. "The next level it is, then. Please follow me."

With the soldier beetle leading, the group followed in her insect footsteps. They traversed through the first level; many sights and stores of interest lined every corner. What still surprises Eryn is the diverse amount of monstergirls currently minding their businesses.