Chapter 17: Lunch Time Out!

"Here is your order, Mistress Riana, Master Eryn, and my little mistresses."

Mayonee and Akiko served their orders to them. Mayonee placed the meals and sweets on the table, while Akiko handled the drinks. The food had such a vibrant and delectable presentation to their eyes. It was something they'd see straight out of an advertisement.

"Wow." Eryn and the monstergirls said in awe. It looks amazing...! It was rather aesthetically pleasing to their senses!

"It looks amazing, doesn't it?" Riana uttered the thoughts in Eryn's mind. "Not only are the waitresses cute, but so are their creations!"

"Yeah, you aren't kidding." The food left Eryn astounded. He almost felt bad for wanting to eat it. I need to take a picture of this.

"The food looks really cute!" Iris peeked over the table. "Can we eat it?"

"Of course you can, Iris." Eryn patted her head. "That's why we're here, after all."

"Looking at it is making me hungry!" Melty's eyes sparkled with little stars.

"We hope you enjoy your lunch!" Akiko smiled brightly.

"Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with." Mayonee bowed at the waist.

"Thank you, as always." Riana rolled her sleeves up to her arms. "Let's dig in!"

"Yeah!" the monstergirls cheered in unison.

Eryn held the sandwich in his hand, his fingers feeling the fluffy texture of the bread. Nice to touch, too... bringing it to his lips, he took a bite out of the sandwich, and a crunchy and delicate taste filled his tongue. A perfect balance between the soft meat and greens.

"What do you think?" Riana asked.

"It tastes... pretty good!" Eryn bobbed his head in approval. "Better than what I was expecting."

Following Eryn, the monstergirls took their sandwiches and began eating them. Iris took small bites of her sandwich. Melty took big bites instead and chewed quickly. While Lofie... she tried to shove the entire thing inside her little cheeks.

"Lofie..." Eryn gently grabbed her wrist. She sure likes stuffing her mouth with food... while it was cute, he found it deeply concerning. She might choke one of these days. "Here, try biting into it... like I do!" He took another bite of his sandwich and chewed slowly to demonstrate.

"Oh." Lofie looked at him, then back at her sandwich. She chomped on her sandwich and stuffed her cheeks. She muttered some incomprehensible words which Eryn understood as "like this?"

"Well... sure?" He chuckled softly as he caressed her hair. At least she didn't shove it in, I guess.

"Ish tash sho good!" Melty exclaimed while chewing her food. Her eyes sparkled with delight and her tail wagged around, brimming with excitement.

"Haha, don't talk while your mouth is full, Melty." He lightly pinched her cheek. This sure reminds me of the days when I was just a kid...

"Eryn..." Iris called out.

"What is it, Iris?" He turned to her.

"Am I eating my sandwich wrong?"

"... Huh?" Eryn blinked in a comical fashion. "No, I wouldn't say you–..."

"I'm not?" She pouted cutely.

That's... not what I expected. There was nothing really wrong with the way she was eating, but her expression suggested otherwise. His gaze shifted to her twitchy ears and waving tail. It was as if she wanted him to say something about it. Does she... want me to correct her?