Chapter 35: School of Knowledge!

"And up we go," Yvonne informed.

Using the magical floating tiles, the group ascended to the School of Knowledge level, moving past all the other levels. The tile they stood on soon merged with the floor; they stepped off, entering the new area.

"And we're already here!" Azusa exclaimed.

"Woah..." Eryn looked around the new level and his eyes widened. "This is...?"

A school store stood directly in front of the group, which Eryn figured was where he wanted to go. But that wasn't what caught his attention. His eyes darted around the place, seeing the interior design that he would describe as mystical.

Magical cubes floated through the air. Flowers of many colors glowed brightly, clinging to the walls. A giant statue sat on the left which looked like a monstergirl wearing wizard attire. What monstergirl could that be...?

But perhaps the most striking feature of this level was a giant glowing globe in the center. Staring at it sent chills down his spine. W-Woah, it's like I'm staring at the abyss...! It reminded him of another globe he saw somewhere else...

"Wooow!" the monstergirls exclaimed in unison, mesmerized by the mystical display this level had to offer.

"Eryn, Eryn." Lofie squeezed his cheeks. "Look at that flower on the wall!"

"I see it, Lofie." Eryn chuckled, gently pulling her little fingers away. "They look very pretty."

"This place feels so... magical!" Iris's eyes sparkled as her tail waved around. She could sense the magical energy coursing through this entire floor.

"I wanna check this place out, Eryn!" Melty stood behind him and pushed him forward.

"Haha, okay, okay." His lips curved into a smile. The monstergirls sure are excited to check this level out!

"Welcome to the School of Knowledge." Yvonne turned around. "As you may have already guessed from the name, this level houses facilities for your school and learning needs."

"Ah, neat!" Azusa adjusted her glasses, interested. "Why are there magical-looking stuff on this floor too?"

"This level is also relevant for those who wish to discover the knowledge of monstergirl magic," Yvonne replied, folding her arms. "It is particularly relevant for monstergirls with innate magical abilities."

"Monstergirl magic...?" Eryn pondered those words. Would that magic refer to...?

"For example, Eryn..." Yvonne's eyes shifted to the little hinezumi. "You may have already witnessed the fiery potential of Melty."

Eryn smiled wryly. "There's no doubt about that. It's pretty impressive!"

"That is her monstergirl magic." Yvonne nodded. "The ability to master flames."

I think I recall Piromi saying something similar! Hinezumis specialized in elemental characteristics, being able to manipulate flames. They're very destructive...

In contrast, Lofie's magic leaned more on the creative side of things. I don't know if her magic can be as destructive as Melty, and I'm not sure if I want to find out nor want to know whether that is possible.

"I wonder if I can learn magic here..." Iris stared at her tiny palms, curling them into fists.

"Who knows, Iris?" Eryn patted her head. It seems she's still hung up on that. Out of the three sisters, Iris appeared to not possess any magical abilities; understandably, she felt left out. As far as he was concerned, Eryn never saw her as being lesser than her two sisters. "It's worth checking this place out."