Chapter 16: The maid cafe!

"So this should be obvious by now, Eryn, but this is a maid café!"

"Huh, a maid café? I would have never guessed..."

After their visit to the registration center, Eryn and the monstergirls joined Riana to have lunch together at her favorite maid café.

"Have you never been to one before?" Riana asked.

"Never." Eryn shook his head. "But I've heard about them, yes."

"I see!" she gave a cheeky grin. "There's a first time for everything! And this is the first of many firsts for the monstergirls."

"You might be right about that." He returned a smile, then shifted his attention to the menu.

"Riana..." Iris called.

"What is it, Iris?" Riana crossed her leg over her other knee. She seems to be warming up to me.

"What is a maid café?"

"Mhmm, I believe you know what a café is." She replied. "As the name suggests, waitresses here dress up as maids!"

"Oh!" Iris nodded in understanding.

"Us customers are also treated differently. We are treated as their masters and mistresses."

"Master..." Iris pondered that word. That was what the monstergirls called Eryn when they first met. When he adopted them, Master was how they initially referred to him, but he disliked that idea very much.

"And you'll often come across many different maids." Riana continued. "Take Akiko, for example. She's a bubbly maid full of smiles. So adorable."

"Mhmm, she sure is..." Eryn agreed, which garnered curious glances from his monstergirls.

"I've once been served by a maid who was on the more... daring side, if you get what I mean." She raised her eyebrows twice, smirking.

"I'm not sure if I want to get what you mean." Eryn raised his brow back.

"If she was here, maybe she'd steal your heart away." She chuckled. "She certainly stole mine."

"Can maids really do that?" Lofie placed her little fingers on the table. "Can they steal Eryn's heart?"

"No, Lofie. I'm sure she was joking–"

"But of course, Lofie!" Riana slammed her hands to the table. "You have to be really careful of these maids! They could easily steal Eryn from you!"

"W-What?" Lofie's eyes widened in horror, her ears twitching furiously.

"No, they can't steal Eryn from me!" Melty crawled on to Eryn's lap. "I won't let them!"

"Eryn... that will not happen to you, right?" Iris tugged on his sleeve. Even she was worried if some maid laid their unspeakable hands on him.

"... Don't worry." Eryn heaved out a heavy sigh. Riana enjoyed getting reactions out of the monstergirls. Why did I go with her again...?

Though there was one burning question on Eryn's mind. It's true this is a maid café but... that doesn't explain why this one waitress in particular was wearing a butler costume instead.

"There are a lot of items on the menu..." Eryn hummed, scanning the names and prices on the menu.

"Please take your time." Riana said. "We're in no real rush."

"All right." Eryn placed the menu on the table. Hmmm, I'm not sure what I want to order... I wonder what the monstergirls would like.

Lofie and Iris inched closer to Eryn to get a better look at the menu. Melty was already on his lap.