Chapter 9: Shopping for Clothes!

"Eryn, could I help wash the dishes?"

"It's fine, Iris. I'm almost done washing them."

After having a warm lunch with the monstergirls, Eryn washed off all their dishes and returned them to the dishwasher. As usual, Iris asked him if she could wash the dishes instead, but he told her to enjoy her pudding. She shouldn't really be this involved with chores... of course, he appreciated her help. There was just more to life than doing chores...

... like eating sweets, for example.

"This pudding tastes so good!" Melty exclaimed in joy, her eyes forming star-shaped pupils.

Lofie nodded frantically to express her agreement. It should come as no surprise that she... shoved the entire pudding into her mouth. Luckily, the pudding was small, so she could chew and swallow it easily.

"I guess I should try it out." He smiled as he turned to them. He picked up his pudding and tossed it into his mouth. A sweet and fluffy taste enveloped his tongue. Pretty good, I must say!

"So, what do you all think about today's lunch?" He asked, glancing at each monstergirl. "Did you enjoy it?"

"Yeah!" was the automatic reply. They all dearly loved the lunch Eryn made. The food tasted great, but it was primarily the fact that he was the one who made the lunch. As long as it involved him, the monstergirls were bound to enjoy it.

"Glad to hear that." He let out a sigh of relief. Lunch was a success. I could prepare dinner in a similar manner... he'd get used to making breakfast, lunch, and dinner for them.

"Eryn, Eryn." Lofie walked up to him and wrapped her little arms around his waist as much as she could. She softly headbutted him.

"What is it, Lofie?" Eryn patted her head, finding her way of getting his attention odd yet amusing.

"When is bath time?"

"Bath time?" Eryn glanced at the clock on the wall. "Do you want to take a bath, Lofie?"

"Hum!" she nodded, looking at him with upturned eyes.

"Sure." He smiled. "Let me just get your change of–.... Oh." His voice trailed off at the end as he realized something quite crucial. He observed Lofie's clothes from top to bottom, the pajamas he handed to her recently. Do I have any other clothes that fit them? He didn't know if he had any more change of clothes for Iris and Melty, too. As far as he remembered, he didn't find any other clothes in his sister's room. And his clothes, being too big for them, were out of the question. Their old clothes from the shelter haven't been washed but he'd rather not have them wear those again.

"Ah, Lofie... I just remembered something." He crouched down to her level. "I don't have any new clothes for you to wear."

"Oh." Lofie bowed her head down to look at her clothes, then looked back at him. "Then I will not wear clothes." She said confidently.

"No, no... that won't be good, Lofie." He chuckled and caressed her hair. What a bold idea of hers. "I'll buy you some new clothes."

"New clothes from Eryn..." Lofie's eyes sparkled at the thought of receiving new clothes from him.

Eryn stood up and checked his phone. He searched up the mall he often visited. There should be some clothing brands there I could explore. He scrolled through their website to see the available stores. Hmmm... are there clothing brands exclusive to monstergirls? The centaur and arachne came to his mind. Special clothing would have to be tailored to their kind of bodies. Looking at the little monstergirls, their bodies looked human enough for typical children's clothes to fit them. Aside from their ears and tails, minor adjustments could be made.