Chapter 7: A Little Renovation!

"Hum..."

Eryn was sitting on the carpet cross-legged, facing his burnt couch, or at least what remained of it. The trusty couch that has served me for years... gone to ashes. Literally.

"Eryn, Eryn!" Iris held a chunk of vanilla cake and drew it to his lips. It was the birthday cake they were having a while back.

"Mhmm..." he mindlessly chomped down on the cake as he stroked his chin.

"What are you staring at, Eryn?" Melty asked, sitting beside him.

"The couch..." he replied, folding his arms in deep thought. "I'm thinking of throwing it out to clean the place up."

"Oh..." Melty looked at the couch. She still felt guilty about burning it down. Her ears draped down, which didn't escape his attention.

"Haha." Eryn gently stroked her red hair to comfort her. "Don't worry about it, Melty. We'll get a new one later."

"Okay..." she nodded timidly.

"All right!" he stood up and walked to the couch. He tried lifting it up on one end and, surprisingly, it didn't feel that heavy. It's really destroyed...

"What are you going to do with the couch, Eryn?" Iris asked.

"I'm going to–... ungh...–throw this out." He grunted as he lifted it up and dragged it across the floor. Maybe I should push it, instead? "Make the living room a little cleaner."

"Can I help?" she asked eagerly, her tail wagging around in anticipation.

"No, it's fine." He smiled. "I think this is a bit too heavy..."

Iris walked to the other end of the couch and tried to lift it with her little hands. "Mnnngh!"

"Haha, it's okay." He chuckled at her cute display of strength. "I'll try to do this myself."

"What if we all do it together?" Melty suggested, moving to Iris's left. "I think we can do it!"

"Me too. Me too." Lofie followed, walking to Iris's right.

"Hmmm..." Eryn didn't really want to bother them with this heavy lifting. But how can I say no to those bubbly eyes? All their tails were wagging with excitement. One doesn't simply say no...

"Okay, okay." He sighed with a smile. "But I don't want you to lift it. Why don't you all push it together?" He figured that would be the easier solution for them. And probably more fun.

"Okay!" they all exclaimed in unison, putting their hands against the couch.

"Alright... on the count of three, two, one...!" Eryn lifted his end of the couch up and started dragging it towards the hallway.

"Mnngh!" the monstergirls began pushing with all their strength. The couch moved smoothly with their combined efforts.

Huh, this is working better than I expected. He wasn't having that much trouble at all. Well, monstergirls are stronger than the average human...

They moved the couch together towards the door. Eryn opened it up first before taking the couch out to the field. "Be careful with the steps!"

And finally, the burnt couch was out in no time with their cooperative efforts. They're stronger than they look... he's seen what Melty's capable of, so maybe it did apply to both Iris and Lofie.

"Yay, we did it!" Iris hopped up with joy.

"The couch is no match for us!" Melty grinned, putting her hands on her hips.