Chapter 21: It's official!

"So, what do you think, Aiden? I have a feeling we're on the same page here."

"I believe it's safe to say we can leave the monstergirls in Eryn's care."

"Of course!"

Aiden and Amber had a little private chat, discussing the future of the three monstergirls. The moment Eryn adopted them, the siblings already knew he would take care of them well. They were pleased to find out that the monstergirls felt the same way. They felt safe with Eryn. He was their home.

They wouldn't change it for the world.

Aiden took a file out of his bag and set it on the carpet. It was the final and official adoption papers that would serve as proof that Eryn adopted the monstergirls, that the monstergirls belonged to him. Eryn had a copy of it when he adopted them, but this was the real thing now.

"Eryn, this will have better use in your hands."

"Oh, thank you."

Eryn humbly accepted the three adoption papers, each one representing each monstergirl. With this and the ID cards, I think I can finally call myself the owner, huh?

"Aiden, what will you do after this?" Eryn asked as he set the papers down. "If I recall, they were the last monstergirls of the shelter."

"That's right." Aiden nodded and folded his arms. "We don't have any monstergirls up for adoption now. Our shelter's basically empty."

"Oh, I see..." Eryn hummed. "Will you... close down the shelter?"

"That will most likely be our decision, but we're still not sure." Aiden sighed. "We're still doing our part to find and rescue other abandoned monstergirls, wherever they may be."

"Back when we first started years ago, there were tons of monstergirl children that needed help." Amber continued. "It's not as bad as it was before, which I suppose is a great change."

"Your sister might have told you she was part of the Monstergirl Containment Unit."

"Ah, the MCU..." Eryn nodded in understanding. "I've heard of it." Not from my sister, though. From a certain butler at a certain café.

"Ever since that organization was founded, we were able to provide homes and shelters for monstergirls at a much faster rate." Aiden explained. "She's been a really terrific help to us."

So, the MCU also provides assistance to monstergirls. Eryn scratched the side of his neck. He wouldn't have guessed that from the name. Guess my assumptions were wrong. Why didn't Riana tell me any of this? She seems to be doing good work.

"Without Riana, we might have closed down the shelter a long time ago..." Amber said.

"But I think we might have to close it down for good." Aiden continued.

"Maybe you've already considered this," Eryn drew a finger to his chin, "but why don't you work with Riana? It seems her line of work is quite relevant to yours."

"Huh." The siblings stared at each other in deep silence, as if Eryn had said something so profound and impactful.

"... Not a good idea?" Eryn asked.

"No, no, when you put it that way..." Aiden tipped his glasses. "I've actually... never thought of that, to be honest."

"Working together with Riana..." Amber drew her chin up. "Why didn't we ever think of that?"

"Well, color me surprised." Eryn raised a brow. "I thought you two would have had something going on."

"Nope." Aiden shook his head. "But I think that's something we can consider. We might talk to Riana about it."