Chapter 22: From afar...

"And I'll just put this right here..."

Riana was organizing the stuff on her work desk. Normally, she wouldn't really care about making her work desk feel at home, but after meeting with her brother, she thought she could clean up around here and add a little sisterly touch.

"Riana." A gentle voice called out, followed by the sound of a door closing.

"Hmmm?" While arranging her stuff, Riana shifted her gaze to the door and saw a familiar pink-haired girl in a butler costume. "Oh, Mayonee. Any news on the situation?"

"Yes." Mayonee nodded, then approached her desk. "It's a bit concerning."

"I'm all ears." Riana placed several new photos on the desk. Photos of Eryn and the monstergirl children. This looks cute!

"Our newest point of interest is located in Little Flower." Mayonee stated. "I believe you're familiar with that place?"

"Ah, it's the school for human and monstergirl children!" Riana nodded as she took a seat behind her desk. "I've been there a few times."

"Yes, it's the school." Mayonee folded her arms. "I sense that the school needs to be put under observation."

"Huh, a school..." Riana hummed, crossing her leg over the other. "That is very concerning. An area full of children and little monstergirls. It might be unwise to send a squad to scout the school out."

The Monstergirl Containment Unit consisted of several squads. Riana didn't have an active role within the squads, as her responsibility involves registering monstergirls and providing them shelter and assistance. Mayonee, on the other hand...

"If you'll allow me, Riana." She bowed herself at the waist. "I would like to scout the school by myself."

"Are you sure, Mayonee?" Riana raised a brow, unsure of assigning this task to her. "All by yourself?"

"I'm quite familiar with the school." She smiled sweetly, her voice calm and direct. "I also know how to blend in."

"Well, I don't doubt you are more than capable enough to handle it alone." Riana rubbed her chin in deep thought. "But the situation could escalate."

"If the situation calls for it, I'll do what has to be done."

"... I trust your judgment." Riana reluctantly agreed to let her go. "Stay safe out there... and don't get yourself into anything crazy."

"But of course."

...

..

.

Mayonee arrived at Little Flower, the school for human and monstergirl children. It was founded not too long ago and has been gaining a positive reputation over the years. It's one of the few schools to have both human and monstergirl children coexist and study together. Often, these schools would be called hybrid.

It's been a while since I last visited this place. Mayonee thought as she stood in front of the entrance. I can't imagine why this place would become a point of interest, but that's exactly why I'll be observing it.

"Look, there's a big slide over there!"

"You're right, Melty."

That voice... Mayonee's attention shifted to the voices. Voices she heard very recently and found all too familiar.

"Eryn, Eryn, let's look around." Lofie's eyes sparkled with excitement. She tugged on his finger.

"Haha, okay, okay." Eryn chuckled.