Chapter Seven

Dedicate to JRIDES

_______________________________________________________________

The next few rounds of matches flew by quickly and easily. Each time we won, Daddy, Momma, Marron, Bulla and Bulma would cheer for us. It's not like we had anything to worry about.

"God, when are we gonna be able to fight each other?" I asked the boys, sighing.

"I don't know, but I sure hope it's soon, Rosey," Goten answered. "This is really boring."

Trunks nodded in agreement as other weak kid won his match. With a start, I realized I was the only girl. How had I not known this sooner?

"Well, this competition is sexist," I stated, crossing my arms.

"Huh? Why do you say that, Pigeon?" Trunks asked me.

"Cause I'm the only girl!"

Trunks and Goten thought this over for a minute.

"Well, at least for the Junior Division you are. Videl is entering the Adult Division, remember?" Goten told me.

"Yeah, but for here I'm the only girl!"

Trunks nodded, but I could tell he was holding back a laugh.

"Now, ladies and gentlemen, it's time for the last round before the championship!" the Announcer cried. "Next up, we have nine-year-old Rosamoona against seven-year-old Goten!"

"Awe, that means I have to fight that other kid," Trunks complained. I smiled.

"Don't worry, Monkey Boy. You'll be able to fight me in the next round."

"No! He'll be fighting me in the next round!" Goten protested. I laughed.

"You wish!"

"Just go on, you two! I'll see one of you in the next round!" Trunks told us, smiling.

Mirroring his smile, I walked with Goten out to the arena.

"Whoo! Go Goten! Go Mooney!" I heard Daddy yell above us. I smirked. Now it was gonna get interesting.

"Wow, would you look at these two! So calm and collected! And get this folks! Goten and Rosamoona are siblings! How about that for a show?!" the Announcer bellowed into his mic. I looked over at Goten.

"You ready for a real fight?" I asked him. He nodded, smiling.

"Yeah! Bring it on, Rosey!"

My smirk changed into a smile as we got into our fighting stances. The Announcer jumped out of the arena.

"Ready... And... Fight!" he cried. Neither Goten or I moved. Seconds ticked by before he charged each other.

I ducked under Goten's arm, punching him in the gut. It wasn't a hard punch, but it distracted him long enough to sweep him feet out from under him.

As I tried to punch him in the face, he caught my fist and threw me over his shoulder. I caugh myself and landed on my feet, quickly turning to face him. He was standing where he started, poised the way he had been moments before.

"Not bad, Goten," I said, smirking. He wore a similar one on his face.

"Thank. You too, Rosey."

"Thanks," I replied before we flew at each other again.

Goten swung at me left and right, but I easily dodged them as he backed me up. When I reached the edge, I jumped up over Goten, turned and kicked him in the back of the head. He stumbled foward the few feet he was able before catching himself. Just as I moved in to knock him off, my brother phased out. I quickly stopped, floated a few feet above the ground.

"You almost got me, Rosey," Goten said from behind me. I smirked, turning around.

"That I did. But guess what. This time I will." Before he could react, I flew at him and punched him in the chest, sending him off the edge. He landed on the ground with a small oof.

Smiling widely, I landed, my hands on my hips.

The crowd was silent. I looked up at all the stunned faces and held back a laugh. Suddenly, they all burst out cheering.

"It looks like Rosamoona is our victor!" the Announcer cried. "And what a fight! That was amazing!"

Still smiling, I jumped down to my brother.

"Here," I say, holding out a hand. Rubbing his head, he takes it.

"Thanks, Rosey."

"No problem. Now come on. Trunks still has his match to win before him and I can fight."

Goten nodded as we walked over to the benches.

“Nice job, Moon! That was awesome!” Trunks exclaimed. “You too, Goten!”

“Thanks,” we replied.

“Now, put your hands together for Trunks and Bogo!” the Announcer said. I smiled.

“Go get ‘em. That way the real fight can begin.”

Trunks nodded. “Yeah,” he said, walking out to the arena. Goten and I sat down.

‘Excellent job, you two!’ Daddy sent the both of us. We smiled.

“Thanks dad!” Goten said, out loud. “I can’t wait to see you fight!”

‘Yeah, same here!’ I sent. I could feel Daddy smiling.

Turning my attention back to the tournament, I found that, while we were talking to our father, Trunks had already won his match. I laughed as he came walking back.

“Done already?” I asked.

“That kid was worse than Idasa,” Trunks stated, sitting down. Goten and I laughed.

“So, are you ready for a real fight now?” I asked my friend.

“Definitely!” Trunks exclaimed. I chuckled.

“Ladies and Gentlemen! It’s time for the fight you’ve all been waiting for!” the Announcer called. “Please, put your hands together for the warriors that have pushed themselves this far! Rosamoona and Trunks!”

Smiling, Trunks took my hand.

‘Ready, Pigeon?’ He asked me. I nodded.

‘Always,’ I sent back as we walked, hand-in-hand, out onto the arena.

______________________________________________________________________

Sorry this one is short! I just thought this was a good place to stop! Next chapter Trunks and Rosamoona fight!