Chapter Thirteen

"Ladies and Gentlemen, just sit tight! The next match has been delayed!" the Announcer told everyone. I stopped pacing for a few seconds before starting again.

"Pigeon, just relax. I've told you, I know Gohan has told you, and now the Announcer just said it; Videl will be fine," Trunks said, sitting with Goten on the ground.

"I know, but still. This tournament is going really, really strangely," I said.

"Yeah, but when has a tournament ever gone normally?" Bulla asked. She and Marron had slipped away from the group up in the bleachers and found us right after Videl was taken away. 

"Seriously. I mean, you've said it yourself. The one right after Cell had a guy who was trying to take over Earth," Marron added. "I don't really think this is anything new."

"I think I'm with Rosey, though," Goten said. "People are really weird around here."

"Because children who can fly and magically have golden, glowing hair is really normal," Bulla said, rolling her eyes.

"At least we're not scaring the bejesus out of Piccolo and then trying to kill Videl," I countered.

"Look, we all need to calm down," Trunks said. "Pigeon, you were just on me and Goten about fighting."

"I know, I know," I replied, still pacing. I sighed then sat back down.

"Rosey, let me fix your hair," Bulla said, walking on her knees over to me. 

"Why? It's fine," I said, trying to shake her off.

"Actually, no, it's not," Marron said.

I huffed, crossing my arms. "Fine. But don't do anything stupid with it. Just a simple braid."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," my friend replied as she pulled the hair tie out and fixed my hair.

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen! The next round is now ready to begin!" 

My head snapped towards the ring, and I jumped up to look. I saw Gohan and Kabito walking into the arena.

'Gohan, does that mean Videl is better?' I sent my older brother.

'Yeah, she's going to be just fine. I gave her a Senzu bean, so she should be back to full health!'

I smile. 'That's great! Now, good luck! Kick that guy's butt!'

'Thanks! Will do!'

"Hey guys, good news! Gohan gave Videl a Senzu bean, so she'll be back to full health soon!" I told my friends and brother as I turned around. I caught a smirk on Trunks' face.

"And here I was, under the impression that you didn't believe what your brother was telling you about Videl." I rolled my eyes at the lavender haired boy and turned once more to face the arena.

Gohan and Kabito were facing each other, and Gohan seemed to be embarrassed about something. Without warning, Gohan threw his sun glasses over his shoulder.

"Huh? Why would Gohan do that, Rosey?" Goten asked. "After he went so hard to make sure he wasn't seen?"

I shook my head. "I don't know. Maybe he decided against being Saiyaman."

"Sh!" Bulla said. "They're talking!"

The five of us fell silent, trying to hear what they were saying.

".... Know more in time. Show your Super Saiyan powers to me now," Kabito demanded.

"What?! How does he know that?!" Bulla yelled. I put my hand around her mouth and dragged her back some.