Chapter Seventeen

After some arguing, we set out to find the Dragonballs. We'd use them to wish back everyone Vegeta killed today. Maybe even fix whatever happened to the Saiyan.

It didn't take long. Bulma had had years of experience tracking down the Balls. And with all of our help, it went by even quicker. Soon our group was huddled in the backyard of Capsule Corp, waiting for Bulma to summon the mighty Shenron.

Us kids stood off the side of all the adults. Bulla was still in shock about what her father did. Trunks too. But I honestly couldn't blame them. I know that if Daddy did something like that I would be upset for a long time.

"Do you think he did it cause he doesn't want to be here with us anymore?" Bulla asked, fresh tears threatening to spill. Marron hugged her.

"He didn't know what he was doing, Blue. I swear he didn't. Something happened, but Shenron will fix it." Bulla nodded and I could tell she was grateful for our friend's advice. I was as well. Some how, through all of this, Marron seemed to be calm. 

Suddenly, it grew dark as night. We all looked around, then at the Dragonballs which were glowing brighter and brighter by the minute. Finally, a beam shot into the air, spiraling and seemingly out of control. It formed loops of bright yellow light, a bulging mass at the end of all of it. Slowly, the yellow light faded as was replaced with shiny green scales.

"You have woken me. State your wishes so that I may return to my slumber," the dragon spoke. His mouth opened, but it didn't move, not like ours. It just hug there was words came out. When he was done, it closed.

I couldn't help but stare in awe at the beast before me. Though I had heard plenty about Shenron and the Dragonballs, this was my first time actually seeing the dragon. And from the looks on my friends' and brother's face, I could tell they felt the same way I did.

"Please bring back everyone that died today! Except the really, really bad ones!" Yamacha called up to the dragon. In response, Shenron's eyes glowed a bright red. It lasted for a few moments, then they died down.

"Your first wish has been granted. Please state your final wish so I may return to my slumber." Trunks and Bulla both tensed up, waiting for the wish to save their father. But it never came.

Abruptly, Daddy appeared, his clothes torn, but otherwise looking normal. We all sated at him for a little bit, surprised.

"Daddy!" I exclaimed, running up to him. Goten wasn't far behind me as I jumped into his arms. Together we sat in his arms while Momma and the others questioned him.

"Where have you been!" Yamacha asked.

"Why are you clothes are all torn up?" wondered Grandpa.

"Where is Gohan?" Momma demanded.

"What about Vegeta?" Bulma asked, clasping her hands together and looking at Daddy with a hopeful, yet sorrowful look.

"Guys look, I'm sorry, but I can't answer these questions right now." Still holding Goten and I, Daddy walked up to Shenron. 

"Thank you so much, Shenron! But we don't need anymore wished right now! We'll call you later when we have more!"

"As you wish," the Eternal Dragon spoke. The yellow light from before wrapped around him again. But this time, instead of him rising from the balls, they rose up to meet him. When they collided, there was a great flash of yellow light and then the Dragonballs were streaking across the sky, heading to their hiding spots until we needed them again.

"Goku! What the hell?!" Bulma looked at my father with fire in her eyes. "We still had one more wish!"

"I know, I know. And like I said, I'm sorry," Daddy replied, trying his best to soothe the blue haired woman. "But we can't afford to make wishes right now. We'll need them later."