Chapter One

"Higher Rosa. Try to go higher."

The scowl that already seemed to be permanently etched on my face deepened.

"You come over here and do this then," I growl.

Gohan laughs. "I've already learned how to fly. Plus, it's not like I can make you be able to fly. You have to do it by yourself."

"Well... It's... Hard," I say through gritted teeth

"Yeah, but you almost have it. Just a little farther-"

"Gah!" I exclaim, losing the little concentration I had gathered and falling the five feet that I managed achieve.

"Rosa! Are you alright?" Gohan cried, running towards me.

"I'm fine," I grumbled, standing up and brushing myself off.

"I think that's enough for today. You don't want to wear yourself out, Mooney," Daddy tells me, walking over.

"Just one more time, Daddy? Please? Like Gohan said, I almost have it!"

Daddy studies my egar face for a moment before smiling. 

"Alright. But this is the last time today. You are only two. Don't want to exhaust yourself."

"Thank you!" I cry before I take a deep breath, concentraiting again. I easily levetated three feet off the ground. Closing my eyes and taking another deep breath, I felt myself rise even more. I'm doing it! I'm really doing it this time! Now, just a little bit higher...

"Goku, have you seen... WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!?"

My eyes fly open to find Momma standing in the door frame. Her eyes are wide with anger and her hands are balled into fists.

"Oh, uh, hi Chi-Chi," Daddy says nervously. "We were, uh, just teaching Mooney how to fly."

"Not on my watch you're not! Get down here this instant Rosamoona!"

I pout but do as I'm told. When I land, she walks over and picks me up.

"I'm not a little baby anymore, Momma. I wanna be able to fly and fight like Daddy and Gohan," I tell her. Ignoring me, she continues to yell at the boys.

"... And you shouldn't even be out here in the first place, Gohan! You should be studying! Your education is important!"

"Yes Mom," Gohan says, looking at the ground.

"Momma, it's not their fault. I made them come out here and teach me. Yell at me, not them."

Looking at me, she sighed. 

"Fine, but Gohan, you still have to study," she told him, grabbing him and pulling him inside.

"So, what were you going to ask?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"What? Oh! Have either of you seen the keys? I have to run out to Capsule Corp real quick."

"Oh, can I come?" I ask, excited.

"No, sorry, Moona. It's a surprise for later," Momma states, setting me down and letting go of Gohan's arm. She goes over to the counter and looks around some. "Ah, here we are!" She says, picking up the car keys.

"Aw, please?"

Shaking her head, Momma walks over to the coat closet and pulls out her purse. "Nope. Maybe later, but not now."

"Awww..."

"Sorry, hun. See you in a little bit!" She calls as she goes out the front door. We hear the car start and gravel crunch as she pulls out. When the sound of the engine vanishes, Gohan turns to me.