Chapter Four

"Goten! Wake up!" I cry as I throw the door open to my younger brother's room. Running to his bed, I climb onto it, jumping. After a few minutes, he finally woke up.

"Rosey... What are you doing?" He asked me, yawning.

"It's time to get up! It's Saturday! The day of the tournament!" I exclaim, continuing to jump on the bed.

I see his eyes light up.

"Dad's coming back today!" Goten says, standing up and jumping on the bed with me.

"Moona! Goten! What's with all the racket?" Momma asks, walking into the room, rubbing her eyes. Looking over at the clock, she adds, "You two do realize it's only six, right?"

"Yeah, but we're excited Mom!" Goten tells her.

"Why?"

"Because it's our first tournament and Daddy's coming back!"

Momma huffs. "That man had some nerve leaving the way he did. He has three children after all!"

"Yeah, but you know that he felt bad about what happened with King Kai," I answer. I quit jumping and get off Goten's bed. "He was just trying to make him feel better."

"Yes, but that's still no excuse to leave his children, two of which weren't even ten yet, to go train and fight in some tournament," she stated, closing her eyes and crossing her arms. I face-palmed. And people say I'm stubborn...

"Momma, can you please forgive Daddy?" I beg, walking up to her and hugging her. "You know that he loves us and wants to be here."

"Yeah Mom. Please?" Goten said, doing the same. Momma sighs.

"Oh, you two," she said, crouching down, hugging us back.

"So you forgive him?" I asked.

"Yes, I forgive him."

"Yay!" Goten and I cry, pulling away and running around the room.

"You two seriously need to calm down. I can hear you from the other side of the house," Gohan said, suddenly standing in the doorway. He was smiled, clearly amused.

"You'd be able to hear us from the other side of the house even if we weren't being loud," Goten points out. Gohan's smile grows. 

"I know," he said. 

"So, since we're all up, why don't I call Bulma and see about having breakfast at her house?" Momma asked, walking out of the room, pausing to hug Gohan.

"So, when are you gonna tell her?" I ask my older brother. He sighs.

About a year ago, Gohan asked out his friend, Videl from school. And for some reason, he hasn't told Momma yet. Sure she knew about Videl, but what she didn't know was that they were dating.

"Probably today. After the tournament," he answered. 

"Good. Momma should know."

"Yeah, yeah. You're just lucky I love you, Rosa," Gohan replied, winking before leaving.

I smile, turning back to Goten. "I call the bathroom first," I stated. 

"Awe! But you take forever!" He complained.

"I do not! Just because I do more than brush a few scraggly knots out of my hair does not mean I take forever."

"Well, then I'll race you too it," he said, taking off. I smirk, easily transporting to the room, closing the door. I heard his footsteps as he approached the door.