Chapter Fifteen

Just like I had thought, Jules and Killa were easy. 18 sent Jules out of the ring with a kick to the chest, and Trunks punched Killa in the mouth, causing him to soar the opposite direction of Jules. In three seconds flat, it was down to us, 18, and Mr. Satan.

The crowd looked down at 18 and the boys and I, their mouths hanging open and nothing coming out. I giggled quietly.

'After this year, the people are gonna have high expectations for the next tournament,' I told my brother and Trunks. Neither replied, but I knew that they were smirking. 18 turned her gaze on us, sizing us up. Goten, Trunks and I tensed, waiting for her to attack.

"Hey! You with the mask! I'm gonna show you some real martial arts!" I looked through the peep holes at Mr. Satan, who was laughing his head off. I rolled my eyes.

What a loser, I thought. At least Videl isn't like him. 

'Rosey, get ready. We're about to move,' Goten said to me telepathically. I gave the slightest of nods, returning my attention to 18. Five seconds later, we were flying at her.

18 blocked all of our attacks, whether they were punches or kicks, with relative ease. But she definitely looked surprised. I smirked beneath the robe. She was in for it. 

'Guys! Don't go too hard on her!' I heard Marron scold in my head. 'I know you want to win, but so does she!'

'Marron, this is not the time!'  I sent back, saving Goten and Trunks the effort. Between fighting and trying to keep our identities hidden, it was harder than it looked. The last thing they needed was to be distracted.

'Sorry!' I felt her break the connection. I sighed internally. 

18 started throwing hits back at us, most of them aiming for what would have been a midsection, but was actually my face. Trunks and Goten did their best to block them, but what they missed I was forced to either take, or to move out of the way. Both of which I didn't want to do. 

'Moon, stop moving so much! You're gonna make me fall!' Trunks sent, throwing a punch at 18. I scowled, moving slightly so one of her kicks didn't hurt as bad when it connected.

'Then don't let her kick me! It's my face she's aiming at!' I shot back, wobbling as Goten made a sudden, erratic kick at 18's feet, trying to knock her off them. She dodged, jumping back a few feet before coming right back at us. 

This time Trunks and Goten were more on the defensive, rocking back and forth and every which way to keep 18 from hitting us. I was forced to move more now than I would have liked. From afar, we probably looked like something crawled in our pants and we were trying to get it out. 

'Guys, we've gotta get out of here,' I said. 'We're gonna get found out if we don't do something!'

18 reeled back, her foot paused momentarily in the air. Then, she brought it forward in a perfect roundhouse kick. Goten barely had time to scramble backwards before her foot sliced through the space where my nose had been a second before. 

Abruptly, Goten jumped into the air, shooting upwards. He held on to my feet, and I held on to Trunks' to keep us from all falling over. We hovered in the air for a moment, catching our breath. 

I looked down at 18, who was less than impressed. I also noticed Mr. Satan, who looked as if he had seen a ghost. I don't think he'd moved since the last time I had looked at him. 

"We gotta get out stuff together," Trunks said from above, not bothering to use telepathy since we were in the sky. "Otherwise she's gonna beat us!"