Chapter Eight

"Good luck, Pigeon. You're gonna need it," Trunks said, smirking as he took up his battle stance. I matched his smirk as I took up mine.

"Thanks. But I'm going to be the one who walks out of this ring the champion," I replied. He laughed.

"Are you ready folks?!" the Announcer cried. The crowd went wild. "Ready... And... FIGHT!"

Just like with Goten and I, neither of us moved an inch. We stared each other down, each waiting for the other to make the first move. Finally, it happened. It was so quick that the Humans couldn't tell what occurred.

Trunks' smirk grew before he shifted his body very slightly. I charged him, my first drawn back. Trunks jumped into action a millisecond later, his fist also drawn back. We met in the middle of the ring, blocking each other with our opposing forearms. I smiled.

I saw movement out of the bottom of my eye. I jumped just in time as Trunks swept his foot around. Quickly jumping after me, Trunks started to throw punch after punch. I blocked and dodged each hit. After letting him have his fun, I grabbed his fist out of midair. Surprise flitted across the young Saiyan's face before I threw him over my shoulder. Trunks caught himself before he hit the wall, hovering a few feet above the ground.

"Not bad," he commented, coming back and standing in the ring. I smiled broadly. 

"Thanks. You too." I looked around at the stunned faces of the crowd. Even though they had just watched Goten and I fight, they still didn't seem to be able to comprehend what was going on. "So, hows about we give them a little show?" I asked. Trunks chuckled.

"That sounds like fun. I think we should," he answered.

"Okay. We'll start with a few Ki blasts," I informed him, sending one at him to demonstrate what I meant.

Trunks deflected it with a simple flick of his wrists. The crowd followed the bright purple ball of light as it ascended into the heavens.

"That's boring," Trunks complained. "How about a Kamehameha?" He brought his hands together, cupping his fingers. "Ka-me, Ha-me," he started. A light blue ball formed. "Ha!" he exclaimed, moving his hands forward. The blast left his hands and came at me. Smiling, I jumped into the sky. 

Trunks repositioned his hands and the blast followed me up. Still smiling, I phased out and reappeared back where I had been standing. Looking around at the crowed, I managed to contain my fit of giggles.

"I don't know. I think that's a little much for them," I speculate, placing a finger on my bottom lip. Trunks laughs again.

"Yeah, I think you're right," he agreed, coming at me once more. Stepping out of the way, I elbowed him in the back. 

Trunks crashed to the ground, but quickly phased out, appearing above me. I looked up in time to see him bring his fists down on my face. Luckily, I moved in time so it didn't break my nose.

Drawing my hand back, I punched Trunks in the gut. I flew over to the other side of the arena so I could have time to heal myself. Suddenly though, Trunks was in front of me.

"That's cheating, Pigeon," he scolded.

"No. I believe it's called using your resources," I told him. Trunks smirked, throwing a punch at me. I easily dodged it, throwing one at him in return. 

I continued to throw punches at him. This time, I backed him up. When we got to the middle, Trunks stopped moving. Well, backwards that is.

We both started to lift off the ground as we fought. I could hear shocked gasps from the audience. I smirked, punching Trunks in the face. He drifted back a few feet before coming at me again.