Chapter Twenty Four

"Hey guys. I want you to meet my new friend, Nate," Trunks says, looking from the kid - Nate - to the rest of us. 'Y'know, the one from the tournament that asked if he could learn to fly,' he added telepathically.

Nate was grinning ear to ear, his eyes holding excitement and joy. "Wow! Holy cow, I can't believe I'm seriously meeting your guys! You were awesome at the tournament last month!" He looked straight at Goten and I. I smiled slightly sheepishly. Having an adoring fan was... Weird.

"And you three must be Aki, Marron and Bulla!" Nate quickly added, looking to the three in turn. His grin widened, if at all possible. "It's so cool to be able to meet you all!"

"It's nice to meet you as well, Nate," I say. For the first time I noticed that neither Nate or Trunks had a lunch tray in their hands.

"Aren't you two gonna get food?" I asked. Trunks nodded.

"Yeah, we were gonna get it after I introduced Nate to you guys. We'll be back in a sec." Turing to the other boy, Trunks gestured towards the food line. The two walked off, leaving us alone momentarily.

"There goes our moment of privacy," Marron joked. I rolled my eyes.

"Well this is just weird," Goten says. "I never thought we'd see him again... Honestly, I kinda forgot about him..."

"You're not the only one," Bulla says, watching the door for when Nate and Trunk would come through. "At least it looks like he forgot us, thanks to the Dragon Balls."

"I'm confused," Aki says. "Who is he? How does he know us?"

"At the tournament, before everything really started to go south, we ran into him," I explained. "He wanted us to teach him how to use his Ki so he could fly and shoot energy blasts. We had just agreed when Vegeta appeared."

"Here they come," Bulla says. The three of us looked back to door as Trunks and Nate coming back, both with a tray of food in their hands.

"Sorry we're late, by the way," Trunks says as they sit down. "Nate just moved here over the summer. I was showing him around the school."

"That's cool!" Marron replies. "Where did you move from?"

"America," Nate answers, smiling.

"Whoa! Really?!" Goten and I say at the same time. Nate chuckles.

"What's it like over there?" Bulla asks, her eyes wide with curiosity.

Nate looked around at all of us sitting at the table. Slowly, a smile formed on his lips.

"Tell you what," he started, setting down the carton of milk he has just opened. "You teach me how to do the things you were doing at the tournament, and I'll tell you all you want to know about America."

I glanced over at Trunks, sharing a look with him. A small smile was on his face as his eyes moved to the other members of our group. We had already decided at the tournament that Nate didn't have any evil in him, and therefore was a good choice to to train. I looked at the blond haired boy.

"You've got yourself a deal," I tell him, holding out my hand to shake. Happiness shone in his green eyes as he took my hand and shook.

"So when do we start?" Nate asked when we let go of each other's hands. Once more, I glanced at my friends before answering.

"Are you doing anything tonight?"

The rest of the school day passed by in a breeze. Aki got used to the idea of recess quickly, which I knew she would. She was a kid (for the most part) and a Saiyan. Running around like idiots outside for an hour a day was something we looked forward to more than most. By the time that the final bell rang for us to be dismissed, I was sure that my class this year was gonna be fun. My teacher was really cool and I liked most the kids in it. Though I wouldn't admit it out loud, I was kind of looking forward to the rest of the year.