Chapter Fourteen

"Rosey, can we get something to eat? I'm starving," Goten complained as we sat in the grass outside the room Trunks had found. We'd been sitting here for the past fifteen minutes, waiting for the officials to figure out to resume the match.

"Yeah, can we?" Marron asked, looking up from where she lay in the grass. I shrugged.

"I guess. It doesn't matter to me. It beats sitting here, that's for sure."

"Got that right," Trunks said, standing up. Goten, Bulla, Marron and I followed suite.

"What do we do about that?" Goten inquired, pointing to Mighty Mask's costume, which he, Trunks and I had neglected to put back on.

"Just hide it in the bushes," Bulla suggested. She bent over and picked up the boots, walking over to the nearest shrub and tossing them in. The rest of us nodded, each picking up an article of clothing and hiding it in the bush.

"We'll just have to remember which one they're in," Trunks said, eyeballing the plant, as if burning it in his memory.

"Come on, Monkey Boy," I said, giggling and grabbing his hand, pulling him towards the others. "It'll be fine. Let's just go get some food."

Trunks smiled and nodded, walking away from the bush and with me to our friends and siblings.

"Where's the food court even at?" Bulla asked, looking around as we slipped out of our hiding place. No one really paid us any attention, meaning that our fifteen minutes of fame were probably over. Not that it bothered me any.

"Somewhere over here, I think," Goten said, wandering forward a couple of feet before stopping. He turned back around and scratched behind his head.

"Or maybe it was the other way..."

Bulla and Marron face-palmed while Trunks and I rolled our eyes.

"Do either of you know where it is?" Bulla asked, looking over at Trunks and I. Trunks shrugged.

"Not really," Trunks admitted.

"Moon, do you?" Marron asked. I nodded.

"'Course I do," I replied, walking the way Goten had started. 

"Ha! I was right!" my brother exclaimed, smiling brightly. I chuckled.

The five walked in silence towards the food court. I could hear the crowd starting to get antsy and demanding a fight. 

"I don't know how much longer the people in charge will be able to contain the audience," Trunks mused, standing on his tiptoes to try and see the arena. 

"Same here," Bulla agreed. "And it's not like we can try and explain the situation to them either. They wouldn't understand."

"We don't even understand, B," Marron pointed out. "Unless you all know why our dads, Piccolo and Gohan left with Shin and Kabito."

"No... But I bet Videl does!" I said. "We should find her and ask!"

"Didn't she go with them? I thought I saw her leave after Gohan and Kabito..." Goten told us.

I reached out with my Ki, feeling for Videl's. After a few moments, I found it. She was close.

"This way!" I exclaimed, taking off running to where I felt her energy. The rest of my group followed. 

We weaved our way through the close-knit crowd of people easily. I was relieved when we finally emerged, giving me full view of Videl. But heart jumped at the same time. Momma, Bulma, and Grandpa were with her.

"That's all I know, Chi-Chi," Videl was just finishing saying. She looked up as the five of us reached them.

"What's all you know?" I asked. Before she had a chance to answer, I was suddenly pulled into a bone-crushing hug.

"Oh, Moona! I was so worried!" Momma sobbed in my ear. I managed to free my arms and hug her back. No sooner did I do that, Momma pulled away and held me at arms length.

"Are you alright?! What happened?!" she demanded loudly, looking me over to make sure I wasn't hurt. "What did they do to you?!"

"I'm not really sure," I admitted. "Kabito said they drained me of my energy. But he gave it back to me, and now I'm fine." But she didn't seem to hear the last part.