Chapter Twelve

"Ladies and Gentlemen!" the Announcer yelled into the microphone. "The Championship is ready to begin! Will the fighters in the first match please step forward!"

"Good luck, Krillin. Break a leg!" Daddy tells his friend. Krillin smiles.

"Just as long as it's not one of my own!" he jokes. 

'Mar, your dad is up!' I sent my friend.

'Awesome!' she replied. There was a moment of silence before she added, 'and where are you, Goten and Trunks? I don't think your mother's have noticed yet, considering they were just too busy fighting over who was going to win, but me, Bulla and Yamacha sure have.'

I smirked. 'You'll see in a little bit.'

'Are you three sneaking into the adult division?' Bulla suddenly asked.

'Psh! Why would say that?'

'Because I know you. So are you or aren't you?'

Should I tell her? Nah, I'll let her figure it out!

'Sorry, I can't hear you! It's too loud where I'm at! Talk to you later!'

I broke the connection before Marron or Bulla can question me further. 

"Pigeon, are you listening?" Trunks asked.

"I'm sorry, what? I was talking with Marron and your sister."

He chuckled. "What I was saying was Krillin is about to fight."

"Sweet!" I say, looking around people to watch the fight.

Our friend easily beat his opponent, knocking him out of the ring with a one kick.

"Krillin is our winner!" the Announcer cried. I smiled. 

As Krillin walked back into the waiting room, Trunks leaned to the side.

"Trunks! Knock it off! We're going to fall!" Goten complained.

"Then walk this way!" Trunks replied. My brother hesitated before complying.

"Where are we going?" I asked as Goten walked out a door.

"To get a better view. I saw this when we were coming in," Trunks explained. He shifted to the left and Goten turned a corner. "It's still in the building so we know when to go on, and it has a better view so we can watch the matches easier!"

He was right. When we came upon the room, I saw a large, open window. It was tall enough where I could see out of it, but close enough to the ground so Goten could still see.

"Wow, Monkey Boy. Good find," I said.

"Thanks."

Just then, Piccolo and Shin walked out onto the arena. They stood at opposite of it and faced each other.

"Fight!" the Announcer said.

Neither moved for several moments. We couldn't see Piccolo's face, but I could make out a gleeful smirk on Shin's.

"What are they waiting for?" Goten asked. I shook my head.

"I have no idea. But do you see how tense Piccolo is?"

"Yeah. It's honestly scaring me a little," my brother said.

"Same," Trunks admitted.

The crowd started to yell at the two, but still they didn't move. Piccolo finally took a half step backwards, but immediately froze again. Then he turned his head towards the Announcer.