Chapter Thirty Two

"Good morning, Moona," Momma says as I walk into the kitchen. My still wet hair was pulled back into a braid, the tips dripping water into the back of my school dress. Yesterday I had worn the blazer with the red pants, so today I moved onto the red and blue dress.

"Morning," I mumbled, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. I had spent most of the night watching my phone, waiting for the call I knew wasn't coming. Sitting down at the table, I grabbed some of the banana pancakes Momma had made this morning for breakfast.

Goten and Aki came down the stairs shortly after me, both dressed and ready for the school day. We ate our pancakes in silence, listening to the radio that was playing in the background.

"I have something to tell you three," Momma suddenly says, catching our attention. I shared a look with my brother and cousin before looking at Momma. She had a look in her eyes that I couldn't quite place. It looked like a mixture between happiness and sadness.

"What's up, Mom?" Goten asked, swallowing a bite of pancake.

"I got a text from Goku last night." I froze, my eyes darting over to Aki. Did her plan actually work, or was this a coincidence?

"You did? What did he say? Is he coming home soon?" The questions left Goten's mouth in quick succession. I gripped my fork tightly, waiting for Momma to reply.

"He says that he misses and loves us all very much. As for coming home, he didn't say when, only that it should be soon..." Momma trailed off, suddenly looking kinda nervous. I raised an eyebrow.

"Is there something you're not telling us?" I asked. Momma turned her green eyes to me.

"What? Why do you say that?" Before I can answer, Momma shakes her head. "Anyway, I just thought I'd tell you three. I told text Gohan and told him, so he and Videl know. Oh, and they're coming over tonight with Panny for dinner. We're having pot roast." Momma turned back to the stove, flipping the pancakes that were still cooking.

I looked between Goten and Aki. There was definitely something that she wasn't telling us. Tonight at dinner, I was going to find out.

~*~*~*~*~

"You'll never guess what happened at breakfast," I say when Goten, Aki and I arrive at Capsule Corp. Nate, Trunks, Marron and Bulla were standing outside the gate, waiting for us.

"What?" Bulla asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Mom told us she got a text from Dad," Goten answers.

"Holy crap, really?" Marron asks.

"Dad texted us as well," Trunks adds. I looked over at him.

"Really?" he nods.

"Yeah, Mom was acting weird about it though. She was happy, but kinda jumpy."

"So was Aunt Chi-Chi... Something's up," Aki states, her hands on her hips. "Something they're not telling us."

As I was about to answer, the school bus rolled up to the curb, the doors opening for us. We climbed on one by one, taking over the two seats on either side of the bus. All conversation of our suspicions ended, not wanting to risk being overheard by other kids or the bus driver.

I leaned my head on Trunks' shoulder, taking his hand. He laced our fingers, his cheek resting on the top of my head. I thought about what Aki had said yesterday about homecoming. How we wouldn't just assume we were going together. But that's how we were with everything. I've loved Trunks all of my life, and I know that he feels the same about me. We're automatically together, so we automatically do things like homecoming together. I wouldn't have it any other way.