Chapter 42: Something Good

Hey guys sorry for the slow update but I hope this makes up for it *crosses fingers* oh and I'm really sorry for all the confusion (and making you guys cry :'( ) in the last chapter. It was a bit confusing and I apologize for not making it a bit more clearer.

I hope this chapter helps understand what's going on and if it's still confusing feel free to comment and let me know okay? :) Thanks for reading!

____________________________________________________________________________

Recap

"You wanna know what I see?" I said to him, reaching out to ruffle his dark hair. He playfully glared at me but made no move to push my hands away.

"What? What do you see, Nialler?" He asked me, eyes twinkling with happiness as they stared at me. I grinned softly at him and ruffled his hair again before pulling my  hand back. I stared at him for a moment, enjoying the way those eyes were so full of an eagerness and vibrancy they'd never had before.

"I see life in you." I spoke to  him, reaching over to wrap my arms around him and give him a bear hug as he always did to me. I pressed my nose into his hair, giggling at the way it tickled my skin, and grinned wider when he murmured into my shoulder.

"I promise it ain't going away. Ever again."

Zayn hugged me gently, holding me close and letting me know that he would keep his promise. I would hold him to that because he's family. He's my best mate, my band mate, my brother.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

 End of Recap

** ** **

I woke with a jolt, my chest heaving quickly and my body covered in a light sheen of sweat. Adrenaline coursed through me like a torrent and I sat up so fast that it had my head spinning.

Groaning, I clutched a hand to it and shut my eyes for a moment. As I did, a few moments passed until the adrenaline finally subsided and I was left a bit shaky and dazed. I slowly opened my eyes, flinching a little at the sunlight that peeked out from behind the curtain, and let out a sigh.

The room was quiet now save for the light snores coming from beside me on the bed. I took a sideways glance at the lump under the blankets that concealed my sleeping boyfriend and smiled a bit when I noticed his eyes were the only things peeping out. Without making a sound, I slowly slipped back under the blanket.