Chapter 1: Strange Feelings

Niall's POV

I reached my hand out desperately through the fog. Tears rapidly raced down my cheeks as I blindly looked around.

"Where are you?!" I choked out, my voice heavy with pain.

There was no response. Nothing. Nothing but the damn fog that dominated the atmosphere. I let out another sob and covered my face with my hands before allowing myself to fall.

I was expecting the air to whistle through my ears as I fell considering I was standing on fog. But instead of the air, I felt two strong arms wrap around me and pull me into a warm body.

I felt my body melt as his voice whispered into my ear. "Shh. It's alright. I'm here. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere."

I turned around to face him; lifting my baby blue eyes up to meet his delicate brown ones. He smiled gently down at me as he cupped my face in his hands.

"I love you." He whispered before leaning down to kiss me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned forward as well. Just as our lips were about to meet, the solid form of his body vanished. My arms dropped to my side and that was the moment I began to fall downward viciously through the fog.

I began to scream as I fell. The tears that cascaded down my cheeks began to leave a trail upward. I cried out. "Liam...Liam!"

"Niall...Niall, wake up. Come on, now." A voice murmured through my sleepy state. My eyes immediately popped open and I looked up to find Louis standing over me with a concerned look on his face.

I scrambled into a sitting position on the couch I was sleeping on and realized my face felt puffy from crying.