005

Warning: Mention and depiction of abuse.

"Yuki... you're ice cream is melting... " You pointed out with a soft voice, careful not to startle the white haired female who was too busy rambling about the newest episode of her favourite anime.

She had been going on for so long that you had already finished your ice cream, where as she had only gotten in a few bites. The sweet liquid dripped from her hands as she transferred her ice cream from one hand to the other. In the end she had no other choice but to throw her ice cream away.

Fat tears streamed down her chubby cheeks as she looked at you with sad eyes, "[Male Name]!! My ice cream!!" She sobbed, trying to hold onto the sleeves of your shirt and shake your arm.

"Y-Yuki!! H-Hey, it's not that bad!!" You tried to reason but she refused to listen, and continued to fervently shake you. At some point, you felt bad for her, and realising that she had spent her last few yens on that ice cream, you were left with no other choice but to buy her another one.

"Come on... I'll get you a new one from the nearby park... " As soon as those words left your lips, she immediately sprung back up and wiped her tears with the sleeves of her pink jacket with cat pictures on it.

Walking toward the park, she tightly held onto your hand, which she had only held after washing her own. She swung both your intertwined hands back and forth and yet again started chattering away.

Moments like these made you happy to have Yuki as your friend, because you sure as hell would never have the guts to start a conversation......

"And then, I told my dad- Oh, we're here!!!" She ran to the ice cream truck, pulling you with her as you could only follow thanks to your interconnected hands.

"[male name], please pay for me, just this once!! I promise I'll pay you back!!" You pleaded you with her eyes closed, hands now in a praying position.

You gave her a kind smile, "Don't worry, I still have to make it up to you for not showing to your ballet performance last month..... " Ah yes, how could you forget? You had missed your best friend's ballet performance because your mother had beaten you up so bad that you had a black eye and a busted lip.

Thankfully, people at the dojo thought that you had gotten in a fight, but Yuki knew that you were not the type to get into unnecessary fights and that no one in the dojo was allowed to go that far with the beatings.

"Oh yeah!!" She realised and immediately started jumping when she saw you handing the man the money and the ice cream guy giving her, her favourite ice cream.

"Thank you so much [male name]!!" She kept on repeating those words like a mantra, but you waved her off with a tiny grin, telling her it was alright.

You felt a chilling feeling, like someone was watching you, but you ignored it. Looking at the park, you almost forgot to tell her about the new friend you had made here, "Ah, Yuki!! I made a new friend the other day!!" You explained, lips pulled in a cheery grin.

"Really?! What's their name?!" She happily asked, careful not to melt her ice cream this time.

"His name's Mitsuya!!! He's really nice, you know!!! I'm sure you'll get along with him just fine!!!" Hearing your happy tone, Yuki felt a smile forming on her lips. It was really rare to see you so happy.

The first time she had met you, you looked so lonely, so gloomy. And from that day on, she had promised herself that she would befriend you, no matter what.

Even after becoming your friend, she still faced days in which you would show up with unexplainably painful injuries and would just play it off, saying it was from your dojo training.