062

You felt better after letting out your bottled emotions to Ken. He really knew how to comfort you, but still the fear of him getting stabbed kept on nipping at the back of your brain.

You hung your head low and continued to walk back to your house, not minding when someone bumped into you. It wasn't until they called out to you, that your eyes widened, "[Male Name]-san?!" His voice was low, almost as if he was too surprised to see you.

The boy's messy blonde hair came into your vision as your eyes made contact with his blue orbs. The light shine in his eyes as he saw you, didn't go unnoticed by you as you let a small smile quip at your lips, "Hello, Chifuyu-kun..."

The said boy almost let out a fanboyish squeal at you saying his name. He found it seductive with how your soft, velvety voice whispered his name as if it were the name of something sacred.

He let a shaky grin take over his lips, "H-Hi, [Male Name]-san!!" He squeaked but you paid it no mind and smiled comfortingly at him, "Nice to see you here... did something happen?" You asked as your eyebrows furrowed and Chifuyu almost fawned over your confused expression.

You and Baji-san were the most amazing people for him.

"N-No, no!! It's fine!! I was just passing by..." He confessed and you tilted your head in recognition, "Is that so? Well, as pleasant it is to talk to you, you'd better leave or your mother might worry over you..." You stated, knowing how much his mother worried over him.

The first you had officially met his mother, she was almost ecstatic to see you.

She pulled you into a tight hug and started, "Oh!! You're as cute as I remember you!!"

It took a minute for your memory to jog while you recalled her face as the woman you had your first trick-or treating from. She was the kind lady who fawned over how cute you and your costume were. You smiled adorably as Chifuyu was trying fervently to make his mother let go of his superior.

To his surprise, the minute his mom let go, you bowed politely and let out a small grin, "It's very pleasant to see you again, ma'am..." She had placed a hand on her cheek and gushed loudly, "Oh my!! You're still so polite!! Chifuyu, take notes!!" She scolded her son and turned to you with a smile, "[Male Name]-kun, wasn't it?"

"Yes ma'am..." It honestly surprised you that she still remembered your name but you guessed she just had a nice memory. Unbeknownst to you, it was thanks to her son who wouldn't shut up about you and Baji-san ever since he had met you two.

When she had left to get some refreshments for both of you, Chifuyu turned to you in surprise, "How do you know my mother, [Male Name]-san?!"

You smiled softly and looked around his room while answering, "I actually trick or treated at your house back when I was four... Even then, she was very loving and kind..." You said, envy hidden in your sentence.

You then turned to him with a melancholic grin, making his eyes widen in shock.

"She's a very kind person, make sure to cherish your mother, Chifuyu-kun..."

————

You reached your house after bidding goodbye to the blonde boy, although he was reluctant since he wanted to spend more time with you. Left with no choice, you had promised him that you would meet up with him and Baji tomorrow evening.

You still had to attend tomorrow's meeting for making plans for the fight with Moebius. Just when you thought your day couldn't be more tiring, you were met with your mother's face after opening the door.

"Where were you?" Her voice was sharp and cold, making you flinch unconsciously, "Out." Your reply was curt and witty, making her grit her teeth before grabbing a hold of your hair and tugging it upwards, "Don't try to act smart with me. Are you trying to make me look stupid?"