037

2000

Today was surprisingly nice. Just a week ago was Kazutora's birthday, and you had celebrated with him a day earlier. It was thanks to the fact that your first-term exam results were coming on that exact day, and you were well aware that you wouldn't be able to face Kazutora with your numerous injuries the next day.

Even though you had good grades, with your position being [Highest Position], you're mother still found it unworthy.

"It's not enough!!!" She would yell as she stomped on your chest, "-you're brother would always get better grades, why can't you be like him?!" She screamed and raised you up by gripping onto your hair.

You shuddered at the memory. Thankfully, Kazutora told you that he had made a new friend that day, and you didn't need to worry about him. But he practically cried when he received his gift.

It was a beautiful necklace, with a pretty yellow crystal hanging in the middle. He kept on fervently thanking you as you dragged him to a cafe to get a nice cake.

According to Kazutora, that was probably the best birthday he's ever had.

You covered your injuries from last week with bandages and a long sleeved shirt.

You had your usual red scarf wrapped around your neck, even though winter had long ended. As of current, Manjirō was holding your hand and dragging you to school. Ever since you started working in Shinichirō's shop, Manjirō began walking you to school and back.

He said it was for safety reasons but Emma admitted that he just felt like Shinichirō and his friends were stealing you from him. You smiled as you remembered when he approached you one day and declared that he'd be walking with you from now on.

Ever since that day, he would hold your hand and not let go, not until you guys reached your classroom and had to bid goodbye. Hell, sometimes the teachers had to pry him off of you as he refused to let go.

You chuckled at the memory as Manjirō turned his head to look at you in confusion. He had a lollipop in his mouth that he kept on rolling his mouth, "What's wrong, [Male Name]-chin?"

You shook your head, letting him know that it was nothing. He shrug his shoulders and rolled his lollipop yet again, "If you say so..." He turned his head back, readjusting his hand to intertwine your fingers with his.

He kept on walking while pulling you along as you stared at the pretty cherry blossoms. The weather was nice and it seems that Manjirō thought the same, "Hey, Manjirō... Let's get some ice cream with Yuki later!!"

"Sure!"

And it was silent again. Fortunately, being with the short boy, you never felt the silence to be awkward or uncomfortable. If anything , it was comforting that both of you were close enough to share a moment of peace and tranquility together.

When you reached the front of your school, you heard some commotion, "Mikey-kun?... Ah, there he is!! Mikey-kun!!" A boy whom you recognised as one of Manjirō's classmates, called out.

Manjirō turned his head over at the sound of his name, shooting a bored look, "What is it?!" You peered over his shoulder to look at who asked, only for your eyes to widen.

There stood your good friend, Ken...

Ever since you had started working at Shinichirō's shop, you had become so busy that you could hardly meet up with him. Seeing him now, with a huge dragon tattoo on the side of his head freaked you out a bit.

Manjirō carefully untangled his fingers and excused himself from your side. Walking up the tall kid, he stood right in front of him and stared him in the eye, "Don't you think that the 48 positions overlap a bit?"