047

"What do you mean?! What do you... mean?" Baji asked with tears in his eyes, making the three of the adults lower their heads in shame, "[Male Name] asked me to stay out of this or he'll be forced to cut ties with us..." Baji and Mitsuya snapped their heads in Shinichirō's direction.

"No... you're hiding something from us..." Mitsuya declared as he pushed Wakasa away and began backing off, "Did you... leave him with that woman willingly?!" Baji asked with tears in his eyes. His head was starting to hurt from all the sudden truths he was finding out about you.

He refused to believe it. He refused to believe that you've been lying to them this entire time. He refused to believe that you chose to trust Shinichirō and his friends rather than your own gang...

"Keisuke... calm down..." Shinichirō called out as he approached the crying boy, but the brown eyed boy only pushed him away, "No!!" He cried out.

"Why?!... Why did [Male Name] lie to us?! Why didn't he tell us the truth about everything?!" Baji was tired, tired of watching you suffer.

The ravenette walked to Mitsuya and slumped down to the floor next to him, "I thought that maybe if there was someone that could help [Male Name], it was you guys..." His tears continued to drip down his cheeks as Mistuya joined him with the sobs, "I thought you guys were so cool, I thought you guys were fearless..." He looked up to stare into their eyes.

"But if you're fearless... Then why is [Male Name] still getting hurt?!"

"Keisuke... he asked us to stay away... [Mother Name] is a dangerous woman... she won't hesitate to kill us or you if we interfere with [Male Name]..." Shinichirō explained to the two boys as he wiped their tears, "He already made a deal with his mother to keep us safe... I can't throw all his efforts away..."

"I made a promise to Osamu-san that I will protect his nephew... and I'd rather die than go back on that promise..." He helped the two boys up and stared into their eyes, "So please... Keisuke, Mitsuya... please help me keep my promise..."

The two boys stared at him with wide eyes, tears clung onto their cheeks as they nodded hesitantly, "We have to protect [Male Name]!!"

"Then please... I need you to not let Manjirō or anyone else know about this..." The two boys were confused at the sudden request, not realising the need for secrecy.

Baji was about to protest but Mitsuya suddenly grabbed his arm tightly, "Yes... we'll keep it a secret!!"

The others present there also nodded, making the eldest smile in satisfaction.

"Have you lost your mind, Mitsuya?!" Baji yelled at his friend at the back of Mitsuya's house as they had walked over there to drop off Luna. The purple haired boy tucked his sister into her bed and placed a kiss on her forehead, looking at her in pity as he remembered how scared she was when she heard about you being hurt.

"I don't plan on agreeing with Shinichirō-san..." The elder boy's words surprised Baji as he looked at him in shock, "What... do you mean? You said-" He was cut off by Mitsuya, who had a troubled look on his face.

"I know what I said!!" Baji stopped when he heard his voice, letting him yell out his frustrations, "-but I also know that I can't just sit and watch [Male Name]-kun get hurt any further!! He's always taken care of us, why can't we do the same?!"

"We have to protect [Male Name]-kun... I won't rest until he's safe!!" Mitsuya yelled and Baji nodded alongside him, eyes shining with determination.

"But... we can't protect [Male Name] alone..." Baji declared as he looked at the older boy, "What do you mean?" The silver eyed boy asked in confusion.