068

The minute you uttered those words, you heard a loud cackle echo right at your side. You shifted your gaze to see Manjirō hollering on the ground while Emma and Ken looking absolutely flushed, "Shut up, Mikey!!"

They both screamed in synchrony, making you blink in confusion. What even was going on?

Immediately, the two people that you were trying to set up turned to you at extreme speed, "This is so not fair, [Male Name]-kun!!" Emma cried out, making Ken hiss at her side, "Why the hell are you trying to set me up with a barbaric woman like her?!"

At his words, Emma let out a noise of offence, "What?! How dare you?! You're the barbarian here!! No wonder your ugly, egg-looking ass is still single!!" She screamed back which only made Manjirō laugh harder.

Everybody else present there also let out small chuckles as the two of them glared at each other. You felt your face burn in embarrassment as you pulled Emma away from the tall boy, "Okay!! That's enough fighting for one day..." You trailed off and hugged the female before she could pounce on the bigger guy for his previous comment.

"Let me go, [Male Name]-kun!! I'll murder him!! This big oaf!!" She hollered, squirming in your grasp as Draken teased her with a mocking grin, "Come on and hit me, pipsqueak!!" It only made her fling her arms around even more.

"Not helping, Ken!!" He could only scoff at your scolding tone, not wanting to piss you off again, "Whatever... I'm never going with her..." He admitted as Emma screeched in your arms, "As if I'd wanna go with you, you-you mule!!"

But then he cut her off with a proposition that made the female screech louder, "-but... if [Male Name] comes with me... I might just check the festival out..." Letting out a dramatic sigh, he set his plan of guilt tripping you into going with him, in motion.

It's not like he had a choice!! You wouldn't have gone with him if he hadn't guilt tripped you so he had to shoot his shot, okay?!

"That's a shame... I really wanted to go this year, but if [Male Name]'s gonna go with that woman, I guess I won't have anyone to go with..." He rolled out the last sentence with more misery, making your eyes widen in worry.

Did Ken really want to go to the festival?! Oh, that poor thing!! You knew the feeling of loneliness and how it ruins everything, so you didn't want to leave the big guy all alone.

With a frown on your lips, you turned to Emma in sadness, "Sorry Emma... I don't understand why he doesn't wanna go with you.... I'll try to persuade him... " You whispered, trailing off as the female began freaking out over the fact that you considered her crush on that bald teapot to be real.

"[Male Name]-kun!! I-I... I wanna go with you, instead!! I really wanted to go with you this year because..." She trailed off when she couldn't think of a good reason, finding the smug smirk that Draken was giving her to be absolutely disgusting, "Because?" You urged her as she grew more annoyed with Ken's grin.

"Because!! I decided that this will be the last year I will attend the festival!! I don't plan on going next year!!" Draken felt his eyes twitch as he realised that she gave you a very good reason, making it very hard for you refuse.

"Umm..." You trailed off, not knowing what to say since you felt sorrow for both of them. You kept on switching glances from Ken to Emma when Yuki decided to step up and help you, "Why don't you go with both of them?"

Her idea made your face light up, making it hard for the two to refuse to you when you proposed this solution to them. In the end, they had no choice but to sulk and accept.

They won the battle but at what cost?

After this entire ordeal, Emma and Yuki dragged you to Hina as they decided that they needed to see your handsome figure in a yukata. And so, the three girls began scheming while holding you hostage.