072

You didn't want to believe what you were hearing. You failed yet again, and it was all your fault.

'Useless, useless, useless!! You fucking useless bitch!!' You wanted to scream, wanted to kill everyone around you and just rush over to Ken. You wanted to cradle him in your arms and keep him safe.

But you pushed down your desire to help Ken yourself and opted to find Mikey. Noticing the weather along with the festival, it would be hard for an ambulance to arrive soon, so you knew that taking Ken on a bike was the only option you guys had.

Unfortunately, you were in no condition to be driving along with carrying a fatally injured person with you, hence Manjirō and his bike were the only option. You quickly looked around to see Hanma getting kicked around by what seemed to be Manjirō's shorter figure.

Rushing over, you immediately landed a punch to the tattooed guy just when he was about to get closer. Your punch knocked him to the ground as you stood in front of Manjirō, shocking the latter, "[Male Name]-chin!! What are you doing here?!" He asked with a tone filled with worry as he saw your state.

"Manjirō, listen carefully." You ordered as you readied your fists in front of yourself, "I need you to go to Ken... He needs you right now, and if the ambulance can't make it, you'll have to take him to the hospital!" You reasoned as you saw the Reaper getting up and cracking his joints with a crazy grin.

"[Male Name]-chin, but-" You cut him off with eyes filled with desperation, "Please Manjirō... just listen to me for once... please, just save Ken..." His breathing hitched as his gaze hardened, "Okay...." Shooting you a determined look, he nodding and rushed off.

The minute he ran, the Reaper tried to attack his figure, which you were quick to block, "Is the Invincible Mikey running away?" You immediately turned your glare to the psycho in front of you and grimaced as you saw his face.

'Pure madness....' You thought to yourself and glared at him, "You're opponent is me now, Reaper..." He seemed a bit surprised at you knowing his title before letting out a maniacal laugh, "Hahahaha!! Who would have guessed that little Coordinate would be this knowledgeable!!"

You clicked your tongue and narrowly dodged a punch that he threw at you, "What do you think my job is, dumbass?! Are you really this stupid or did Manjirō hit you too hard?" You asked him in genuine confusion as he seemed a bit irked by your mockery.

His hits became more erratic and a lot easier to read as you realised that he was probably getting annoyed. A smug grin made way to your lips as you recognised his fighting style.

"You're into kick-boxing?" You asked with a grin as you blocked another kick, aggravating him greatly, "Shut up! You're voice is annoying!" He said with a low growl all the while maintaining his grin which was starting to falter the more annoyed he was getting.

"No wonder I recognise your style..... Masahiro Yamamoto's fan, eh?" His eyes widened as you finally found an opening, slamming your leg into his side. A painful crack reverberated through your ears as your opponent doubled over in pain.

Acting quick, you immediately kneed him in the stomach, further deepening his pain. He took a huge gasp of air as he fell on his knees, but you were quick to kick his head, knocking him to the side.

His body was curled up in a bowing form as he clutched his arms around his chest, making you walk over and tower over his fallen form, "Oi, get up! I'm not done beating your ass..." You growled as he immediately grabbed your ankle and tried to knee you in the stomach.

But you had already twisted your body out of his grip, only to grab him by the hair and ram his face onto the ground, probably breaking his nose.

'Focus, focus, focus.' You kept ordering yourself as you walked back to look at his form. Even though he was bleeding and severely hurt, somehow, he still managed to get up.