103

NEVER THOUGHT I'D SEE SOMETHING AS AMAZING AS THIS! I AM CURRENTLY ASCENDING TO HEAVEN, I HAVE ASCENDED. GOODBYE-

But fr, this is really, really cool!! And it's all the work of @-LocalS1mp- so a round of applause pls!!

-----

Your breathing hitched as soon as Mikey let out those words. With tears dripping down his eyes and onto your cheeks, you could see his face as he broke down.

A child... barely clinging onto sanity as he was surrounded by nothing but bloodshed and violence. Mikey was a fragile child. Sure, his physical prowess was something to be feared but at the same time, he was nothing but a sweet, lost child who wanted someone to guide him when he strayed from the right path.

Your harsh glare softened when you felt his hold on your wrists loosen, allowing you to raise an arm to his face. You held his face tenderly, wiping his tears and letting him lean into the warmth of your palm in the cold night.

You were to him as the flame was to the moth.

At the end of the day, the moth will always be attracted to the flame despite knowing that the fire will die out. That the fire will never be with it for eternity. Yet ever the foolish moth, would still crawl with the last remaining strength in it's thing limbs to stare at the bright light from the fire, one last time.

Manjirō was but a moth, attracted to the bright light that you emitted as you shined over everyone. And he knew that he wasn't the only one peering up at you, everyone looked at you like you were some Goddess. A Messiah to the sinners who seeked salvation.

Yet even though he knew he could never have you like how he wanted, you still made him feel like he had a chance when you pushed him off of you a bit, only to pull him back into a tight hug.

You pushed his head to your chest, letting him hear your rhythmic heartbeat to assure him that you were right with him, never to leave the boy alone.

With one hand holding onto his back to keep him supported, you placed one on the crown of his head, entangling your digits through his messy blonde hair. You pushed his head down to let him hear your heart as you yourself placed your chin on top of his head.

Tilting your head slightly, you pressed your lips onto his hair, staying there and giving his head a long kiss. God knows how much he needed this one warm hug.

You pulled your lips away from the crown of his head and began to slowly scratch his head, running your thumb through his blonde locks to rub circles on his scalp. From how wet you could feel your sweater getting, you knew that he was still crying.

Well, it was best if he let out all his frustrations right now.

Tilting your head again, you pressed another kiss on his head and slid down your face until your lips were a bit above his ear, "Manjirō... I'm not trying to get rid of you... I'm trying to help you..." You could his low sniffles, making you smile to yourself.

Hearing your words, he only buried his face deeper into the wool of your beige sweater, clinging onto it through his small fingers that were barely visible from his own oversized black sweatshirt.

The slight turtleneck of his sweatshirt allowed him to hide his flushed face as the tears kept streaming on. He didn't even know why he was crying so much, but the thought of you leaving him, with him being unable to do anything scared the young boy.

"It's okay, Manjirō... cry all you want cause no one has the right to stop you... And no one will, my dearest."

You let him cry as much as he wanted to, because he truly deserved peace. He went on for another minute before you got a message from Emma. Good thing you had placed your phone on silent or Mikey would have been disrupted from his therapeutic crying.