Happy Birthday Sanzu

Would you look at that!! It's our beloved druggie's birthday!! He needs some love even if he did an atrocious act that I will never forgive him for *cough* Kaku mah bby *cough*... Btw, this chapter IS CANON TO THIS STORY! Anyways!! HBD pash pash boi <33

-----

2004

Haruchiyō had a dislike for a lot of things.

Sweating or smothering people, spicy food, bad hair... But above all, he disliked the Coordinate of the gang he was a part of; [Last Name][Male Name].

You were everything he despised. You were kind, you were gentle, you were better than him. But more than anything, you had all of Mikey's attention.

The King's attention.

Sanzu never understand what it was that made people so smitten with you. You were just a normal person. Sure, your looks were above average, and your fighting skills were on par with Mikey himself, but he still found it hard to understand the subject of everyone's adoration for you.

But Sanzu Haruchiyō was no idiot.

He knew damn well that projecting his hatred publicly would get him killed by the hands of not just Mikey, but perhaps the entire gang. So he'd keep quiet and silently curse you in his heart.

Despite his hatred for people in general, he liked pretty places. Often times, the young man would have the sudden urge to visit the beach, late at night. It was soothing to his ears as he listened to the waved crashing and cooling to feel the sea breeze.

On one of the occasions when he stood alone at the beach, he heard the sound of sand being crunched under boots. Turning his head, his eyes widened as he caught sight of you, standing near him while gazing into the ocean.

"The sea breeze feels nice, doesn't it?" You started and he kept on staring at you. Hearing no response, you turned your head to him and smiled, "Hehe, sorry for interrupting your peaceful time..."

Haruchiyō kept his eyes trained on you. He didn't like you one bit but there was no way he'd show his hatred.

You sat down on the sand, letting the wind tousle with your hair as you took a deep breath, "Sanzu-san... You dislike me, don't you?" His breathing hitched. He knew you were sharp, but to think you were this perceptive was a surprise for him.

But putting that aside, he tried to play it cool, "Huh? No, I don't," he kept his voice low. "That would be treasonous of me... I may be a lot of things, but a traitor, I am not."

You smiled softly at his words. "Ah, I figured as much... But right now, you're not Sanzu Haruchiyō, the member of the First Division. Right now, I'm addressing Sanzu Haruchiyō, the boy who challenges an entire gang just cause they bad-mouthed his favourite person..."

Clenching his fists, even Haruchiyō did not know how to answer you. So you decided to cut him some slack and moved on, "Do you like the ocean, Sanzu-san?" He took a seat beside you, realising that you weren't going to leave him alone tonight.

"I guess..." You pulled your knees to your chest and hugged them with a smile decorating your lips, "I see... Well... what is it about the ocean that you like?" His eyebrows furrowed at your further interrogation.

Just where were you trying to lead this conversation?

"It's quiet, but not silent... Kind of comforting, I guess..." He admitted, looking over to you, and wanting to turn the question over to you, "What about you, [Last Name]-san?"