Chapter 3- Going Back Home

Adriana's POV

I could not believe that The Montez family is my family but I could not help but feel resentment towards them because they gave me away since Vincenzo did not want a girl. Maria could not live without me so she left with me. Maria used to be a great mother to me but because of Christopher she got hooked on alcohol and drugs and abused me with Christopher.

 Christopher not only just abused me but he also took the one thing that I was supposed to have control. He took the only thing I wanted to keep for the one person I love but he took my innocence in a blink of an eye.

I walked out to my Chevrolette and told them to follow. I could see in their questioning gaze since I never lived a rich life enough to buy cars this expensive. Oh well, they don't know what I do and who I am. Not my fault.

I made them follow me to the house that Maria and Christopher lived because I had a few things to take from here. 

I told them to wait outside and went in to grab a backpack with my stuff. I came out and noticed them standing outside with their hands crossed over their chest. 

Ricardo saw my backpack and asked,

"Is that all?"

His voice was laced with disappointment and disgust, I don't know if it was at me or at Maria and Christopher, either way I did not care. I nodded and told him to follow me to MY home. I saw confusion on his face but shrugged it off. I drove to the richer part of the neighbourhood and stopped in front of my house. It was a bit more isolated from the other houses, mainly because I wanted my privacy. 

(Adriana's house)

(Adriana's house)

I entered the driveway and the guards immediately straightened up. I told them that the car behind me is with me, they nodded in respect and acknowledgement. I nodded back and parked my car in the garage beside my other cars. I told Vincenzo park the car up front.

"How do you afford this?" Mateo asked in confusion after parking and coming out of the car.

"Business" I said simply. 

"The guards?" Ricardo asked with suspicion lacing his voice, obviously not believing that it was just 'business'. 

"Protection. I am anonymous in the business world"

I entered the house and told them to wait in the living while I packed my suitcases. They nodded and sat on the couches as I climbed up the stairs to my bedroom. I opened  the cupboard which had 3 matte black suitcases and began piling my clothes, make-up, jewellery and purses and crossbody bags in the 2 biggest suitcases. As both of them filled up, I still had a few clothes and 3 bags left but I had enough money buy more if I needed. I zipped the 2 up and opened the 3rd one because it was the most important one. It held my katanas, blades and guns.