Chapter 14- Drama

"So, Vincenzo

"So, Vincenzo. Where is your daughter?" I ask him trying to ignore the obvious tension between Riana and I.

"In front of you Elijah," he says. "Adriana is my daughter."

My eyes shift to Riana. SHe is standing with her arms crossed and a smirk on her face. 

"I should've seen the resemblance between you two but she looks so much like Gabriella I couldn't put my finger on it."

Everyone tensed at my comment but no one contradicted me because it was in fact the truth. She does look a lot like Gabriella and they know it.

"How is you mafia going, Elijah?" Riana asks me.

"It's going fine. Though I've been trying to get the Russian mafia don to meet with me but he just seems to ignore me. I have enough allies but more won't hurt."

"Same," Ricardo add. "I've been trying to get the don to meet me too. Luckily, he accepted my request a week later but hasn't replied as to when he wants to meet."

"Why do you assume it is a 'he'?" Riana asks everyone.

"I agree with Addy. It could very well be a powerful woman," Mom says supporting Riana along with Ana who is glaring at me as Riana glares at Ricardo.

It could very well be Riana. One thing I know about her is to expect the unexpected.

Ricardo puts his hands up in a surrender gesture and I follow cause, well, I don't want to die.

"Don't torture these poor kids, girls," Dad says. "There has not been a female don for about twenty years now."

"I guess a change is needed then. Hello, I'm Adriana Montez, the Spanish mafia princess and Donna of the Russian mafia."

"I guess a change is needed then. Hello, I'm Adriana Montez, the Spanish mafia princess and Donna of the Russian mafia," I say proudly, a smirk on my face, finally revealing myself entirely.

"No way. You cant just announce shit because you want a 'change,'" Raf says.

"You want proof? Alright," I say, pulling out my phone. "Here, email from Spanish mafia, Italian mafia and the American mafia for ally with the Russian mafia." I sigh.

Everyone starts bombarding me with questions and accusations while papa an Elijah are looking at me with no expression.

Papa clears his throat and says, "Let's not make a scene right now. Rosa, we will all talk bout this tomorrow. We all need to have a serious chat."

"Ok papa," I say.

"You've gotta be kidding me! Are you insane," Elijah practically screams. "She's 18! God knows what will happen if she got any other mafias pissed off. You couldn't possibly let your only daughter take this kind of risk. Especially since she just came back." Elijah spits out.

"She is my daughter, Elijah. I know exactly what she is capable of. This is a family matter. As much as I love you like a son I will not tolerate your disrespect towards my-"

"Do you remember what age you were when you took over the American mafia?" I interrupt my father, in a quiet and deadly voice.

Silence.

"Well?"

More silence.

I chuckle darkly. "No, you don't. I do. You were 17. I remember because we all surprised you with it on your 17th birthday. If this is about men being stronger than women the I would like to remind of the countless times I beat your ass."

I look around to see everyone looking at me. "I'm going to get some fresh air."

I stand up and head to the stairs that lead to the terrace and then climb up on the roof.

I remove my heels and sit with my legs straight and just look up at the beautiful night sky. Billions of stars shining brightly, the full moon looking like a ball of silver light against the midnight black sky.

***END OF CHAPTER***