Chapter 27- Truth

I gulp nervously as Elijah holds my hand and gives it a squeeze, trying to reduce my nervousness as we both sit our asses on loveseat in the living room

I gulp nervously as Elijah holds my hand and gives it a squeeze, trying to reduce my nervousness as we both sit our asses on loveseat in the living room. My family is seated in front of us, glaring at Elijah's hand covering mine. Elijah, no doubt feeling their glares, shifts a bit in his seat. I stifle my urge to laugh and squeeze his hand. The Don of the American mafia and heir to the Italian mafia is shitting his pants like a kid to talk to his girlfriend's brothers and dad. It's the sight of a lifetime. I look at my family and notice that Rafael is the only one who is giving Elijah a smile of encouragement.

"I met Elijah at a street racing arena. I was 15 and careful enough to keep my face covered till I was a good distance away, but an asshole," I say, giving a pointed look to Elijah who smiled smugly and continued. "Decided to follow me and figure out who beat him for the very first time and be the first person to see Black Rose's face. I didn't know that, of course. A couple days later, I was peacefully reading in a coffee shop and the same little asshole decides to interrupted me and somehow roped me into letting him walk  me home and managed to get my number!"

Smiling and lost in his own world, Elijah continues for me. "I took her out on dates and a couple months later, I told her about the mafia and asked her to be my girlfriend and she said yes. We trained, raced and spent most of our time together. She even met my family. Mom, Dad, Ana, everyone. We were together for a year and a half. Life was perfect, till it wasn't."

I pull him closer to me as his voice cracks in the last few words and tears make his eyes shine.

"He broke up with me. He had to go undercover for a year. He wanted me safe. I went on a killing spree, battled with the Russian mafia leader and killed him because he decided to fuck me over during a deal. Then I saw him here and it felt like I was 15 again and falling for him. Again. I just had a bit more willpower to keep 'hating' him till he told me the truth. After that, he took me out on a date last week and we have been together ever since."

Silence.

I look around, trying to gauge everyone's expressions but them being fucking robots they are gave nothing to my desperate self.

More Silence.

I fiddle with my hands and look at dad and ask, "Can u say something?"
He looks at me. Then at Elijah.
He asks him, "What are your intentions?"

"To marry her."

Suddenly there are 7 guns pointing at him and I wide-eyed, looking at him in shock.
I stand up and shield him with my body. 
"Put the guns downs." They put it down.

Reluctantly.

"We are not here for permission or approval. We just wanted to tell the truth and, even though unnecessary, acceptance would be nice."

They look at dad as he mulls over my words. Elijah stands at my side and dad walks over to him and surprisingly a soft smile spreads across his face as pulls Elijah for a hug.

Dad pulls back, looks at me and says, "Don't get pregnant and you," Dad says looking at Elijah, "Don't you dare break her hear or else I'll break your bones and feed you to my sharks."

Elijah being the smartass he is says, "But you don't have sharks."

Dad glares at him and cowers back and hides behind me and I snicker. Dad kisses my forehead and leaves the room. Elijah gets a series of threats from my brothers Ricardo flashes his gun and Rafael straight up puts a knife to his neck and Xavier had a very.... creative way of torturing him. They all hugged me and kissed my cheek.

*** End Of Chapter***