Chapter 19- Cuddles

I am woken up by the smell of pancakes and fresh fruit and soft kisses peppered all over my face

I am woken up by the smell of pancakes and fresh fruit and soft kisses peppered all over my face. I giggle and flutter my eyes open to the most handsome face ever. He kisses the tip of my nose making me giggle. 

"Your giggles are my favourite sound in the world," he says, string into my soul adoringly and I look away, blushing furiously.

He turns my face and tries to kiss me but I put my hand on his mouth and say, "Morning breath."

"I don't care. If I want to kiss my girlfriend, I will kiss her."

He leans down and captures my lips in a heated kiss. His hands slide inside my-his shirt and grab my waist. I lean away and break the kiss saying, "I have to go to the company baby. I have an important meeting with Lombardi Holdings."

"They are the-"

"The Sicilian mafia, I know," I cut him off. "Besides I smell pancakes."

He smiles, god he has a lovely smile, and gets a tray from the bedside table. There was a stack of pancakes, around 4, with maple syrup drizzled on it.

More like the pancakes were drowning in the syrup but fine.

There was a bowl of cut-up strawberry, pineapples and another bowl of blueberries, cranberries and cherries. I grin and peck him on the cheek as a thank you and dig into the heavenly breakfast. I moan at the taste and say, "Shit! I forgot you can cook. These are the best pancakes ever."

He chuckles and looks at me with a look of absolute reverence. I blush and cut a piece of the pancake and shove it in his mouth. He looks at me like he wants to be with me till we are old. Like I am his life. Like he can't breathe without me and I am his oxygen keeping him alive.

We eat our breakfast with laughs and giggles and love.

"Can you drive me to my house? I can't go to the mansion looking like this," I say, pointing at his shirt that I am wearing. 

"Are you that embarrassed of me?" He says with a small smile.

I give him a withering look and he chuckles and says, "Go brush, I'll get the car ready."

***

I am in a meeting with Guiseppe Lombardi which is honestly the most boring shit. We discussed everything that he is speaking right now a few weeks ago.

"Honestly, we discussed the same thing two weeks ago, Guiseppe. You just repeated the plan my team sent you. If this is what you arranged this meeting for while i could be sleeping comfortably on my bed, you better get out now."

Lombardi turns pink in the face and hurries out of my office. I sigh and rub my temples, thinking how I could've been in bed with Elijah. As if I summoned him, the door opens and familiar warm arms engulf me from behind. I smile and breathe his addicting rainwater and sandalwood scent. 

"I was just thinking about you. What happened?" I ask him.

"I couldn't even stay an hour away from you, so I came to see you. How was the meeting? Lombardi looked like he was going to  shit himself," he says with a chuckle and I snicker with him.

"Ugh! Don't even ask. He asked for a meeting to discuss the same things we agreed on 2 weeks ago. I told him to get the fuck out if he had nothing new to say. He ruined my fucking day. We could have been in bed, cuddling right now," I pout and give him puppy eyes. 

He pulls me flush against him, kisses my nose and says, "Let's go cuddle."

My grin breaks out and we walk out of my office with his hand on my lower back. I tell Sage to cancel my meetings and leave 2 hours early today. He settles me on the passenger seat and he drives to his penthouse with his hand on my thigh. We sit in comfortable silence, just enjoying each other's presence. We reach his penthouse and I open the door to get out of the car but before I can step out, the door is slammed shut, startling me. Elijah opens the door and lets me out. 

"Whenever you are with me, don't open the door on your own. I will be doing that,"

"Only because you asked nicely," I say and wink.

He takes my hand in his, intertwining our fingers and kisses the back of my hand.
We enter the empty elevator and he presses the button for the 30th floor.

He grabs my waist, making my gasp softly and covers my mouth with his. He grabs my hips and pushes me against the elevator wall. Our kiss starts elevating with ore heat and passion and love. We break apart, just as the elevator dings. We walk out and into his penthouse.

***END OF CHAPTER***