Chapter 35- Problema?

I am very abruptly awoken by the shrill ringing, I groan and grab my alarm and throw it across the room

I am very abruptly awoken by the shrill ringing, I groan and grab my alarm and throw it across the room. I sit up and look down at a sleeping Elijah with a smile. He looks so peaceful. I get off the bed and go to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Fuck, My hair is such a mess. I open my hair, brush my teeth and get under the shower. I shampoo, condition, apply body wash and scrub and then stay in for a good 5 minutes under the hot as fuck water. I turn the tap off and wrap myself in a fluffy white towel. I walk to my closet and look for a good outfit. I'm feeling especially narcissistic today. A black lace corset top, black slacks and a blazer on top. Mmmm, Perfect.

I open my drawer and take out a black lace thong and a matching lacy bra. I drop the towel, put them on and start doing my make-up. Once the base was perfect, I put on my favourite Charlotte Tilbury blush and open my Anastasia Beverly Hills eyeshadow palette and apply a neutral tone with shimmers. Next I do my classic winged eyeliner, thin and as sharp as a knife.  I pick out a blood-red lipstick and apply it on my lips, smudging them together and pout at the mirror. I apply highlighter on my face and my collarbones and spray setting spray on my face.

Perfect.

I wear my clothes and start drying my hair. Since my black hair is naturally straight, I don't bother to curl them today. I choose a pair of my highest heels and put them on. I also choose a pair of black shades.

A girl can never go wrong with black red-bottom heels.

I enter the bedroom and surprise surprise Elijah is still asleep hugging a pillow

I enter the bedroom and surprise surprise Elijah is still asleep hugging a pillow. I silently giggle and snap a quick picture for future blackmail. I write him a note and exit the room, letting him sleep. I go down the stairs and see papa, Ricardo and Rafael in the kitchen.

"Good morning," I say and walk towards the front door.

"Good morning, bella. Where are you going?" Papa asks and I turn around to answer him.

"Off-Shit what happened?" I ask as Rafael spits out the coffee he was drinking.

"Uhhh- You're wearing that to the office?"

I roll my eyes. "Si Rafael. Es lo que uso siempre. Hay algun una problema?" I say with a sickly sweet smile but he doesn't miss the death beneath it.

He gulps and says, "Nope. No hay una problema,"

"Good," I say. "Adios, puede que llegue tarde, asi que no te preocupes."

"Vale, princesa. Cuidate," Papa says and I smile and nod.

I open the front door and walk to the garage. Hmmm. Let's tke the Lambo Ferruccio. Its been a while since I have taken this baby out. I remove the shades and grab the keys and get in, plugging in the aux and drive out. I play 'Paint the town red' by Doja Cat and vibe to it as I speed towards my company.

I park my car in the reserved spot and get out of the car, putting my shades on and everyone stands straighter.

I walk across the marble floor, my heels click clacking.

The dream sound for every woman.

I press the button to my private elevator and go up to the 5th floor of the building, my office. I chose that floor for myself because it has the best view of the city and who doesn't love a good view.

Just as I was about to press the button to the telecom, my PA, Sage opens the door to my office and peeks in.

"You're back?" Sage asks, once she has straightened up.

"Did I go somewhere?" I ask her with a raised eyebrow and put one if my legs over the other. My expression neutral.

"N-no ma'am," she stutter and I finally crack a smile.

"Relax Sage. I want to look at all the gowns and dresses. I have- uh- an event," I say with a smile.

"Of course ma'am," she says and turns her Ipad on. "What time would you like to see all of them?"

"As soon as possible"

She types something on her Ipad and says, "I let Francis know and he said to give him around 30 minutes. Is that alright?"

"Yes yes. It's fine. Lead me there later," I say and turn to my laptop and look through my latest designs and search for the recent trends.

I start modifying the designs to suit my customers and then work on my sketchpad for new designs that keep popping in my head. Just as I am finishing up the details on the dress on my sketchpad, a knock sounds on my door.

"Come in," I say mindlessly, intent of finishing the detail before it leaves my mind.

"Ma'am, the dresses are ready on the 7th floor," Sage says.

" Give me a minute."

She stands there till I am done and satisfied with the dress. I stand up and smooth out the imaginary creases from my pants.

"Lead the way," I say and wave my hand to the door.

***End of Chapter***