Chapter 12- Family Time

I am so glad Addy is getting released today

I am so glad Addy is getting released today. I talked to her yesterday and apologized. I realized my mistake the second I said and I appreciate Ryder for defending her and beating the shit out of me because I know I deserved it. We all wanted to ask her pseudo name but I have a good idea who she is.

I open the door to Addy's room and Xavier trails in behind me. I see her sitting on the bed, texting furiously on her phone.

"Is it a bad time?" I ask her. She looks up and smiles at us.

"No, come in. It's just people being stupid and not knowing how to do their job. I'm not there for two days and my assistant can't do shit." She runs her hand down her face in  frustration. 

Xavier and I chuckle and sit on either side of her bed.

"What do you wanna ask me?" She says.

"How do you know we want to ask you something?" Xavier asks her and she rolls her eyes at us giving her best 'are you kidding me?'

I give in, "So, important question. Is your pseudo name 'Black Rose'?"

She nods, giving us her innocent face while me and Xavier are scowling.

"What's with the sour faces?" She asks folding her arms.

"So many of our friends have a crush a crush on you. They are practically obsessed with you," Xavier says, still sporting his scowl.

She just laughs on our faces and shakes her head. Eventually, Xavier and I also start laughing with her because seeing her so happy and laughing so freely after so fucking long. This is what they mean when people tell you to cherish the moments that you have with your loved ones. You may never know what happens next. So live in the moment and always keep them close to your heart.

At that moment, papa comes in and smiles at us. "Hello papa," three of us say together.

"Hello kiddos, everyone in a happy mood, huh?" He asks and we nod.

"Now, I came to ask you something, mi hija," he says. "Rosa, do you mind if my friend and his family come for dinner? It is completely fine if you're not comfortable with it but they helped us search for you and have known you ever since we knew Gabriella was pregnant."

"It's completely fine papa. I want to thank them for helping you to find me," Addy says.

Papa smiles and kisses all our foreheads and leaves the room. 

Xavier turns to me and asks, "Is it the Italian mafia?"

"Obviously. Who else do you think it would be? The Russian mafia?" I reprimand Xavier.

"How long have you guys been allies?" Addy asks me.

"Every since Mat was born and we needed allies to fight the American mafia, who are also our allies now. They helped us defeat the French mafia and helpedus search for you. We owe them a lot. I can't wait to see Arabella and Alexander again. It's been ages," Xavier tells her.

"Same!," I say. "I miss Arabella's cooking and her home-made pancakes are a classic."

Thinking about Arabella brings back nostalgic memories. She is like a mother to all of us. Ever since Gabriella left us, she has been flying from Italy more often to help papa deal with us. She woke us up so gently and sweetly, made us food, taught us how to tie our own tie. She taught us that emotions are not a weakness. If she ever got angry though... I thank god that we are still alive. That's why, men are said to be ruthless but even they can't match a woman when she is angry. 

"So, Arabella and Alexander are the Don and Donna of the Italian mafia?" Addy asks me.

"No, their son is the Don of the American mafia. They are the Don and Donna of the Italian mafia," I tell her and she nods.

Gio comes in and tells us that its time to leave. Adriana grins and jumps on Gio's back and he catches her with ease and walks out with her on his back and Xavier and I follow both of them. 

We reach papa and the rest. Addy slips off Gio's back thinking we will actually let her walk. Rafael grabs her from behind and tosses her over his shoulder. She squeals in surprise and starts shrieking and punching his back. 

"Let me down Raf!" She adds, "I am not disabled. I can walk perfectly fine."

"I can' believe you thought we would let you walk. Right brothers?" He asks us and winks.

We all say 'yes' in unison and she growls in frustration and after finally accepting defeat, she slumps on his back, while mumbling incoherent words, probably cursing us out. We snicker at her angry pout and continue walking towards the exit, not knowing a huge bomb will be thrown at us tonight.

END OF CHAPTER