Epilogue

2 years later

"ELIJAH DELUCA! YOU ARE SO FREAKING DEAD!" I wince at Adriana's shriek as I try to bite back a smile

"You are doing good mi amor. Almost there," I say softly and kiss the back of her hand that she is gripping so hard that it just might break but anything for my wife.

She screams a final time and then the room is filled with silence and a beat passes and the room is filled with the most beautiful angelic cries. My eyes well up with tears as I see my handsome baby boy. They wrap her up and take her away to clean her and I focus on my wife. Her face is sweaty and her body is slack and she catches her breath. I kiss her forehead and whisper, "Get some rest." She nods and dozes off a few seconds later. I sit next to her the entire time and think back to our wedding.

Flashback

It is a beautiful and cool morning and yet my hands are sweating profusely. I am standing at the altar and the keyboard starts playing giving everyone the cue that the bride is about to enter. She enters and holy shit my eyes prickle with tears. She is wearing the most beautiful white dress that hugs her curves and flares out at the bottom and she has a thin white veil on her head and her hair is open with small white flowers. As she comes closer the sparkles and lace on the dress become more evident. Beside her, Vincenzo is teared up and when he places her hand in mine he whispers, "Take care of mi princesa." I nod at him, not trusting myself to speak. I kiss her hand and lead her up to the altar where our hands were conjoined and the priest started. 

"Do you, Elijah Stefano De Luca, take Adriana Esperanza Montez as your lawfully wedded wife to love and cherish her in sickness and in health till death do you part?"

"I do," I say, looking, deep into her eyes.

"Do you, Adriana Esperanza Montez, take Elijah Stefano de Luca, as your lawfully wedded husband to love and cherish him in sickness and in health till death do you part?"

"Yes, I do."

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

I instantly grab her waist and press our lips together as her arms wrap around my neck. 

"La mia donna," I whisper to her as our lips part and electricity thrums between us.

"La tua donna," she whispers back and we smile at each other soaking in the love that revolves around us. 

Flashback over

"What are you thinking about?" she croaks out and I face her. My beautiful and talented wife. I don't know what I did in my previous life the deserve her but I am never letting her go. Ever.

"Our wedding day."

"That was a hell of a day huh?" she chuckles lowly and I pass her the glass of water kept on the table.

"The best of my life," I say and kiss her hand, reliving the flashbacks.

"Mine too," she whispers.

The door opens and the nurse brings in our baby boy wrapped in a light blue blanket with his eyes closed. She places him in Adriana's arms and our baby boy flutters his eyes open and Adriana gasps. 

"He has your eyes."

My eyes well up as I look at my son's grey eyes and he coos in Adriana's arms. I go out and call both our families in. They rush in and Vincenzo is the first one to see him. Tears drop from his eyes, "Can I hold him?"

Adriana passes our baby boy to him and Vincenzo kisses him on the forehead. "mi nieto."

"What did you name him?" my mom asks. 

Adriana and I look at each other and speak in sync, "Elio Santiago De Luca-Montez."

I hold my baby boy and he sleeps against my chest and kiss his forehead. My fighter. My champion. Adriana leans against my arms and I think Xander snaps a photo of us. Our little family. 

"I hope you know we are going to have 2 more boys and one girl." 

She smacks my arm full well knowing er both want 4 kids. 

This is my family. Forever.

***End Of Chapter***

Ngl I cried a little writing this chapter but this marks the end of Elijah and Adriana's story. I will write another book but lemme know if ya'll prefer a story about Adriana's brothers' love story or Adriana and Elijah's children.

Imma be honest I had the biggest urge to just like kill Adriana at the end of the book but I think I tortured ya'll enough.

Adriana and Elijah will always be my OG. Imma go bawl my eyes now. Bye, guys. Seeya with another book. 😭😭