Chapter 10- Still Loves Her

The photoframe^

Ok so I had completely forgotten about the fact that I had not selected a face for Ryder so her you guys goo

Ok so I had completely forgotten about the fact that I had not selected a face for Ryder so her you guys goo. He is 20 and is American.

Ryder's POV

I didn't know where I planned on going but I don't think going to a bar in the middle of the day was it. I am sitting on a couch in a bar called 'Devil's Eye'. Girls between ages 18-26 are in short, skimpy shorts, barely covering their asses, and a barely there t-shirt. The bar has red lights and black couches. Chairs and tables made of tan wood and marble counters.

"Would you like anything to drink or would you rather glare at the table like you're about to smash it to bits."

I look up and see a girl, about 22 years old, with long honey coloured hair with soft waves cascading down her back. She has a perfect figure, handful of tits, small waist and wider hips that complimented her v-line shaped face. Her pouty, blood red lips are contorted into grin, her elbows resting on the table while she leans forwards, unconsciously showing a bit of her cleavage.

"A neat whiskey," I say in a flat tone.

"Coming right up," she says.

She puts down the glass of brown toxic liquid in front of me.

"Now, what happened? Did you break up?"

I pick up the glass and gup down the toxic liquid in one go, slamming the glass on the table. "Another one," is all I say, not bothering to answer her question. She refills the glass and attends to the guy who sat beside me.

"Scotch on the rocks." A voice says beside me which sounds dreadfully familiar. The voice made me sit up straight and alert. I turn my head quickly and see him. I try to any traces that it's not him but come up with nothing. It is him.

"Elijah?" I ask, surprise and rage lacing my voice. He turns towards me. eyes wide.

"Ryder, hey.." He says while scratching the back of his neck, a sign of nervousness he always had.

"That's all you have to say?" My anger increasing.

"Look, I left to protect her, alright. I had no option. What do you want me to do, say sorry? I suffer enough as it is without her in my life but it's better than bringing her into my shit all over again and breaking her heart all over again. I can't love anyone. I have a mafia to run, a business and I am the heir to the second most feared mafia. It is better if she stays away from me and lives her life as normal as she can with me involved."

"First of all, you know she can protect herself just fine. Secondly, you don't know what happened after you left. You left her broken, in pieces. I was the only one there for her. I was there to comfort her, to console and to feed her when she did not eat for 2 weeks and nearly died. You left in a state that she would never be in if you hadn't left her."

"Are you both dating now. Is that what's happening?" He says with jealousy clear in his voice.

I want to lie and make him lose it by saying, 'yes' but that would break Adriana's already splintered heart that was stuck together with glue, leaving cracks.

"No, but I love her with all my heart."

That's when he lost it. He broke the glass he was gripping so tightly that it shattered into a million pieces, embedded into his palm. He punched the table again and again till both his hands were bloody. He then grabbed me by the collar and slammed me onto the wall and said, "Listen carefully Ryder because I won't repeat it again. Stay. Away. From. Her. If you don't, your beating heart will be in my hands and I will go put it in front of her feet. "

He then punches me twice and leaves. A warning. A threat. I touch my jaw, already knowing it's going to be sore but I don't bother. I always knew Elijah still loved her but he left her in a state I never want her to be in again. She was dead for an entire year. She barely ate, she never came out of her bedroom. She just stared at the photoframe she has of them. She still keeps it on her nightstand, along with the matching rings and a necklace he had got for her. I get out of the bar and in my car, driving back to Addy with just one thought running in my head.

He still loves her.

________________________________________________________________________________

Very short chapter, I know. But there is a drama unfolding in the next chapter. So wait for that. 

Love you.