Chapter 9- Cupcake

Adriana's POV

I have no idea what's happening. I am swimming in darkness with nothing but my thoughts. It's like a void. I try opening my eyes and a sudden brightness makes me cringe and squeeze my eyes shut. After a few minutes, I adjust to the light and see a sight that warms my heart. All my brothers snuggled together on 2 couches and my father on a chair, sitting beside me holding my hand. I smile lightly but it disappears as soon as I remember what happened.

I promised him I would not do it again after he left.

I see my phone on the bedside table and pick it up. I open my phone and call him to explain whatever the fuck I was thinking.

"Hey killer, you finally remember me?" My best friend Ryder says.

"I could never forget you, cupcake. Shit went down here."

"What's wrong? Did they touch you? I swear if they did they won't have hands left." He says angrily but determined.

"They didn't do anything. I broke the promise I gave you after he left," I say, my voice breaking like shattered glass.

"Which hospital? I'm coming right away and then you can calmly explain."

"Esperenza hospital, room 314."

"Alright, I'll be there in 10."

"Ok"

After cutting the call, I carefully remove my hand from papa's, climb out of the bed and to the washroom, trying not to wake anyone. I did my business and come out, to see a commotion.

"Where were you? Are you ok?" Xavier asks, looking at me frantically.

"I went to the washroom. I'm fine."

I walk back to the bed and lay down.

"My best friend is coming to meet me in a few minutes."

"Why?" They all ask at the same time, making me raise my eyebrows and give them all the 'Seriously dude! You know exactly what happened and why he is coming' look.

We all sit in awkward silence. I know they want to ask but they are walking on eggshells around me. Papa comes over and opens his arms, silently asking if he can hug me, I nod and open my arms too. He hugs me gently, like I'm a fragile piece of glass and kisses my forehead.

Just as I am about to speak, the door bursts open and Ryder comes rushing in. He looks around in confusion, probably wondering where I am. He finally sees me and hugs me so tightly I can't breathe. I am so happy to see him, I haven't seen him for a year. I hug him back like I never want to let go of him. I try to blink the tears back but one traitorous tear rolls down my cheek and onto Ryder's shirt. I finally pull back from the hug and sniffle.

"I missed you so much cupcake," I say with a light laugh.

He smiles and says, "I missed you more killer."

"Ryder is that you?" Ricardo asks with confusion on his face.

"Yeah Ricardo. Nice to see you again."

"Why are you here? How do you know our sister?" Rafael asks, unbuttoning his cuffs and rolling his sleeves up, showing his tattoos to intimidate Ryder.

I step in and say "We are best friends Raf. Please stop interrogating him."

Ryder just scratches the back of his neck with a sheepish smile, while everyone glares at him, including papa.

I turn him around so he is not facing my crazy family. I fold my arms and glare back at all my brothers. They all look away except Ricardo who raises his eyebrows. I look at papa and give him my best puppy eyes and pout. Papa groans and looks away while my brothers snicker, knowing he will give in.

"Fine," Papa says. I grin and turn Ryder back around.

"Papa, can you all leave Ryder and me alone."

"Not at all," the 3 youngest say.

"Now way," the oldest monkeys say.

"Ok but only for 15 minutes," Papa says.

"Thank you, papa," I say and stick my tongue out at my brothers who have their mouths hung open.

Papa ushers them all out with his glare and then leaves.

I turn to him and see a solemn expression on his face.

"What exactly happened?"

I sigh and launch into what happened. The argument between me and Xander, how useless I felt and the shit that happened to me is not a big deal, how the anger just surfaced inside me in a second that eventually lead to the intense cutting.

"I am going to kill that son of a bitch." He stormed out of the door. I try to stop him but he is too fast and stubborn. As he approached the waiting area, my family stared at him curiously but he paid them no mind and punched Xander repeatedly.

"How dare you say that! You don't know the shit she's been through. You don't know how hard it was to know what's happening but being absolutely helpless but she always denied help."

I finally pulled Ryder off Xander, who was on the floor, almost unconscious. I carefully pulled Xander to his feet and asked Xavier to go take him to the doctor.

I turn around to face Ryder and slapped him, making his face whip to the side.

"What is wrong with you? Why the fuck would you do that?"

"Seriously?! He does not know what you have been through and the guts to say such bullshit. What did you expect to do?"

"Just because none of them know does not mean you would just knock him unconscious. I called you here to support me when I tell them, not to kill one of my brothers."

"Did you expect me not to react like this?"

"Yes! I didn't think it would be this bad"

"I need to clear my head," he says and with that he walks away and I am left just staring at his back but I make no movement to follow him because I need we both need to think this through.

End of Chapter

Hey guysss

Here's another chapter for all of you. There will be chapter updated more frequrently as I have typed a couple chapters already.

Enjoyyyy

Don't forget to comment and vote