Chapter 38- Rooftop

Elijah is taking me on a date tonight

It's nothing new but for some reason, it feels different. More special. We flew out to Italy yesterday because we wanted a getaway so he arranged his private plane. He looks nervous. He tries to hide it but I know his tics. The way he unconsciously rubs his neck when I ask something. 

No. Addy, just focus on the getaway and enjoy. Relax.

Tonight we are going out for dinner so I have to dress fancy,  Elijah said that a package of my dress and heels will come soon and then he left saying that he had to overlook some things. He rubbed his neck when he said that so I know he was lying or at least trying to cover up something. 

I shower, shave, freshen myself up, and come out of the shower with a towel wrapped on the top of my head and a bathrobe on my body. I start with my make-up keeping it simple yet elegant since I don't know what dress Elijah will send. I start to do my hair, using my hairdryer, and then using a straightener and curlers I create a blowout look.  A knock sounds on the door and I open it to see a man with a package in his hand. He hands it to me and walks off and I smile at the note attached to the top of the box.

 He hands it to me and walks off and I smile at the note attached to the top of the box

Wear this, my love

Wear this, my love. I will come pick you up at 6:15, Be ready.

Love, 

Elijah

It is currently 6 so he could not have timed more perfectly. I open the box and there is the most gorgeous black dress. It has spaghetti straps and a huge slit up the thigh and it is silk so I have to go commando. I slip the dress on and apply a dark red lip, acutely aware of how powerful I look but maybe that's how he wants it to be. There is a bag that contains the most beautiful pair of heels. I contemplate wearing a pearl necklace but I think the look itself carries a lot so I ditch the jewellery and a knock sounds on the door. 6:15. Punctual as always. I open the door and I see Elijah looking devastatingly handsome. He is wearing an all-black suit, a white shirt underneath with a few buttons open, no tie necessary. His signature smirk on his handsome face. He looks like the devil himself. His eyes darken as he takes me in, eyes almost turning black.

He hands me a single red rose, "I am tempted to ditch the dinner and sin all night with you."

I laugh, "You are the devil himself."

"Yet you worship at my altar every night."

"No, you worship mine. I am the reason you sinned. You are the sinner and I am your sin."

"That is true," his voice drops to a sensual whisper and he kisses the base of my jaw. I gasp, relishing the kiss. Hoping he continues but he steps away and offers his arm to me. I grab his hand instead and interlock our fingers. I place the rose on the countertop and we step out of the room, the two most powerful people in the world. 

We enter his shiny black Lambo and he closes the door for me and gets in the driver's seat. He turns the car on, grips my exposed thigh and we speed off for dinner. We reach a fancy building and he gives the car to the valet and gives his name to the hostess. I see her look him up and down and lick her lips. I roll my eyes, place my hand on his arm, and give her a sickly sweet smile. Her smile drops and she tells him to go to floor 40. He nods and leads me to the elevator. It dings open and I gape at the sight. It is a rooftop dining but no one else is there. He booked the entire thing. It is surrounded by rose petals and he leads me to the table in the centre with two wine glasses on the pristine white tablecloth. I sit on the chair and he pulls it in for me. He sits in front of me.

"Did you buy out the entire thing?"

He shrugs, "Yes. Like it?"

"Thank you. I love it. I love the rooftop the most."

He smiles softly. "I know, love."

My heart flutters every time he calls me love. It makes me all giddy and mushy. I am putty in his hands. A waitress comes up next to us, "What would you like to order?" I open the menu and my eyes fixate on the steak. 

"We both want the medium rare steak with red wine," Elijah says without even opening the menu. I raise my eyebrow but don't say anything, instead, I close my menu, hand it to the waitress, and take a sip of my water. We make conversation for a while, talking about the silliest of things but it stops once the waitress comes back with 2 plates and a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon. She places our plates in front of us and pours both of us a generous amount of the red. Elijah cuts into the steak with grace and elegance and places a bite in his mouth. He then takes a sip of his wine. I am speechless. I don't think I have ever been attracted to the way a man eats but holy shit. I shake myself mentally, cut into my steak, and take a sip of my wine. The combination is so delicious I nearly moan at the taste of it. 

"I am going to the bathroom alright?" He asks and I nod too involved in the steak. God, it's delicious. Suddenly, the lights go off and a single spotlight lands on the steps near the railing of the roof. Elijah steps into the spotlight. 

"Adriana Esperanza Montez, the love of my life. I am no good at this but I am trying. I truly do not know how you tolerate me but the fact that you stick by me through everything is the best feeling I have felt. I know that my leaving was the absolute worst decision I made but in the end, fate brought us back together. Thank god that you are too busy to step into the kitchen but it is fine I am there to teach you for life. It's you and me, mi amor. So what I am trying to ask you is that, Riana, will you marry me?" By now Elijah is in front of me, on one knee and the prettiest ring in the box and I have tears welled up in my eyes. I am too emotional to say anything so I just nod. I nod so hard that my head almost falls off. Finally, I seem to find my voice, "Yes, gods a thousand times yes."

***End Of Chapter***