Chapter 21- Bravest Child

My eyes flutter open, to see barely any light

My eyes flutter open, to see barely any light. I try to move, only to realize that I am bound by ropes. I look around to see a room that looks more like a torture facility. There is barely any light, making it so dark that one can barely see, brick walls looming over me, no windows, just a wooden door at the front corner of the room. 

Did I mention that there is a table full of torture equipment in front of me?

Yeah....It's quite near but far enough that my hand can't reach it if it wasn't tied. It's as if the table is taunting me in this vulnerable position. It is like a reminder of the past.

"Ah, I see the sleeping beauty is awake," a voice says, making me look up and freeze. Wide-eyed, I stared at him and he just smirked, obviously pleased with my reaction. 

The motherfucker has the audacity to smirk.

"You- You're- dead-" I stutter, unable to form a sentence. The shock impaled me. 

"Not yet. I am supposed to be dead though," he says, finishing my sentence for me and I just respond back to him with a weak nod. "It's not that hard to fake deaths like your mother."

"Yes, confirm it," I hang up the call and put my head in my hands and close my eyes

"Yes, confirm it," I hang up the call and put my head in my hands and close my eyes. I need to talk to Adriana today about her being in the mafia and I am nervous as fuck. I support her in every way but she is eighteen and running the largest and the most ruthless mafia in the world. I worry for her. I worry that her life will be over before she lived it. I worry that we won't get the time that we lost.

I press the intercom and say, "Everyone in the dining room. Now"

I sit on the head of the table and one by one everyone files in. Everyone but Adriana.

"Is Adriana still at her office?" I ask.

"I'll call her assistant," Rafael says and we all turn to him in confusion.

Before any of us can ask him why the fuck does her have Adriana's assistant's number he is already gone out of the room with his phone in his hand.

"Since when does he save chicks' numbers?" Xander asks no one in particular but speaks out our thoughts.

I know my sons, they are manwhores but this is a first considering it is Rafael. Rafael is the most closed off and cold and ruthless of all my sons. I had thought to give him the mafia instead of Ricardo but Rafael is too impulsive and will act out on emotion rather than a stable mind. 

The door is slammed open and Rafael comes in looking frantic, angry and worried. 

"What's wrong? Where is Addy?" Giovanni asks.

"Adriana left her office hours ago. With Elijah," Rafael says, shocking all of us. "I'm calling him right now."

Rafael puts the call on speaker. The phone rings, one, twice, thrice, all of us leaning forward, hoping he will pick up.

"Hello?" We hear Elijah's voice through the phone, making all of us sigh in relief.

"Elijah. Where the fuck is Adriana?" Rafael asked him, having zero patience.

"Raf? She left an hour ag- Shit! I knew it! Where are you?"

"At home. Get your ass here right now." Rafael cuts the call and leans his head on the wall, closing his eyes. A second later, Rafael's knuckles are red and bleeding and there is a huge hole in the wall. This has happened so many times, none of us even bat an eye. But now, I am furious and want to take revenge on whoever it is who thought it would be fine to mess with Vincenzo Montez's bravest child and only daughter.

***End Of Chapter***