Chapter 20- Bye

I wake up to the doorbell ringing, I groan and gently untangle myself from Adriana, she mumbles some incoherent words and moves her hand about, finally grabbing hold of a pillow and hugging it like her life depended on it

I wake up to the doorbell ringing, I groan and gently untangle myself from Adriana, she mumbles some incoherent words and moves her hand about, finally grabbing hold of a pillow and hugging it like her life depended on it. I smile softly at her cute pout and scrunched up nose but that turns to annoyance when the doorbell rings again. I run my hands through my messy hair and go to open the front door to see...

Rafael! Shit!

"Bro, you were not at the warehouse, not at the office. We were looking left and right for yo and you are sleeping?!" He storms inside and sits on the sofa.

Not many people know this but Rafael and I have a very good bond and he is my bestfriend and considering I am dating AND sleeping with his sister, things won't go very well for me when they find out.

"Yes," I say, looking dead in his eyes. "And you interrupted my very peaceful sleep."

"Literally 3 days back, you were hell-bent on finding that lost lover of yours. You worked day and night and NOW you are sleeping in. Did you find her?"

"Yes and she is in my room sleeping peacefully. So, if you don't mind, I am going to go sleep with her and you are going to get out," I say, opening the front door and give him a pointed. 

"We are talking about this later," he says and walks out. I close the door and cover my face with my hands.

"Well, that was interesting," Adriana's voice fills my ears and and I turn around to face her. "Who knew he had a soft spot for you of all people."

I look up and see her leaning on the wall, arms crossed, in my black t-shirt brushing her mid-thigh.

"I should have known you were awake. Even while you sleep, you are always awake."

"You searched for me?" She asks, walking closer, uncrossing her arms.

"I had tabs on you till you moved to California," I admitted to her.

She nods and says, "I should probably get home. Dad wants all of us to have at least one meal together everyday and that is usually dinner."

I nod and hug her tightly, not wanting our time to end yet. 

Ten minutes later, she is in her office outfit and ready to leave.

"Please drive safely," I tell her, parting from our hug and give her peck of the forehead.

"I am always safe baby. Are you ok, Lijah? You seem tense," she says, concerned. She has always been able to look through me.

"I am perfectly fine. Call me when you reach home, ok?" I tell her and bury my face in her neck, breathing her in one more time. 

She nods and lets my head stay for a few minutes and then pecks my lips and leaves.

As the door closes behind her, I can't help but get this weird feeling in the pit on my stomach. Like something really bad is going to happen. 

Unknown POV

My phone rings, flashing my second-in command's name, giving me hope for a good news that I have been waiting so long and patiently for. 

I pick up the call and say, "This better be the good news I have been waiting for."

"Yes boss, we have her," he says, making me smirk.

Finally, after so long, I have her back.

"Good. Put her in cell 69," I say, cutting the call.

You better get ready, my love. I finally have you back and I do not intend to give you back.

***End Of Chapter***