Ch. 8 - Bugs Life

big thanks to @JessicaMxMahon for making the new cover! so cute!

Asher's friends on side ~>

"Tucker, don't do that!"

Seven.

I've been counting how many times Asher has had to say that on our drive to school.

When he first texted me if I needed a ride to school, I was already in the car with Wren. I basically jumped out of the moving car to be ride with Asher instead.

I mean, how was I to know that he asked me to come with just to control Tucker?

"Riley, Tuck, and Asher too! We're sucky students and we'll hate school!" Tucker sings to the beat of the Wonder Pets theme song.

Yes, he is actually on drugs.

Asher convinced him to come to school today, a place he hasn't been since freshman year. To say he's nervous to re-enroll would be an understatement.

I guess Asher is just fed up with Tucker not doing anything all day, everyday. He wants him to do something with his life, but Tucker's only talent is pogo-sticking.

I didn't want to wreck Asher's explanation mojo by telling him that my uncle is a professional pogo-sticker who makes millions.

"I'm sorry about this," he apologizes, smacking Tucker's hands away from the air conditioner settings.

"It's okay." I mean, it's actually kind of amusing.

But not amusing at all because drugs are bad and he shouldn't be doing them as a junior in high school.

I'm feeling a little conflicted.

"What's that?" Tucker asks and presses his finger to my neck.

"According to my parents, it's a hair straightener battle wound," I say.

They bought the story. Wren, on the other hand, wasn't that gullible. The protective brother thing was cute for the first minute, but now he needs to back off.

"Battle wound? Looks like a hickey to me," he laughs- a bit too hard might I add. "Did Asher give it to you? Did you give it to yourself? Is that possible?"

He then attempts to get his lips on his neck.

"Hey, bud, that's not possible," Asher says gently.

"Screw you! You don't know what I can and can't do! Some best friend you are! Aha, best friend my ass!"

We arrive at the school with about five minutes before the bell. I guess I should be worried about being late to first period..or I could just live in this moment with Asher and his high best friend.

"You ready, Tuck?" Asher asks.

"Hell yeah!" He claps his hands together excitedly. "I'm as high as a kite on a breezy day and nothing can bring me down!"

We get out of the car, and I'm stopped by Tucker's grip around my wrist. I smile kindly, not really knowing how else to handle this.

"Yes, Tucker?"

"We need a group hug."

"Tuck, let's just get-"

"I'm not going in that hellhole without a damn group hug!" he yells obnoxiously loud.

Sighing, Asher opens his arms wide for Tucker, who graciously cuddles against his friend. It's so cute, I could die.

"Riley, we're waiting," Asher sings teasingly.