Ch. 25 - Anti-Vegan Party

so I'm hoping we can move past all of the 16 and 17 drama now! thanks to everyone who helped! I love you guys so very much even when I'm beyond frustrated!

let me know if you're having any problems reading 16 and 17 to those who never got the chance before!

Wren is under house arrest.

Normally, I'd be really happy about this. I'd naturally gloat in his suffering. However, this time is different. Apparently, my mom feels as though I didn't do enough to prevent the situation and I'm in officially on Wren-duty.

What exactly is Wren duty? I'll tell you.

I have to drive Wren to school. I have to interrupt all of his conversations with friends that aren't school related. I have to make sure he doesn't have a cookie during lunch. I have to drive him home from school. I have to make sure he doesn't talk to any of his friends in any way, which requires watching him at all times when he's home. I have to hide his conditioner. And most importantly, I have to document the misery of my brother through photos.

If only I had a normal mom...

The one and only good thing about this is that it gives me an excuse to avoid Asher. He tried to talk to me yesterday before school, but I had to take pictures of a miserable Wren for my mom. A part of me wants to talk to him, but the other part is too chicken.

He could still be angry about the whole eavesdropping thing. Plus, I don't know how I feel about the "I love you" yet. How am I supposed to decide what to say when I don't even know how I feel?

"I hate my life," Wren mutters as he sits next to me at the lunch table. "What are you guys even doing?"

"Mr. Castaway is getting fired at the end of this week, and we want to stop it!" Georgia explains cheerfully.

Wren looks at me in disgust. "Why?"

I pat his shoulder and shrug. Dexter sits across from me, next to Georgia.

"Hi, Dex!" I greet enthusiastically.

He eyes Wren suspiciously.

"Hey," Wren says with a head nod.

Dexter keeps eyeing him, pulling out a sandwich and taking a bite.

"You get used it," I assure my brother.

My history class has successfully recruited the other classes, totaling nearly 150 students. This riot is going to be so hot. Our protest sings are all made, and speaking from a totally unbiased opinion, they are works of art.

The plan right now is to riot directly after school. We're going to stake out in front of the school in protest. That's about as far as we got, but I am confident it'll save Mr. Castaway.

I mean, if students go this far out of their way to save one teacher, he must be doing something right. He's obviously doing something the other teachers aren't, and I can't see him not getting a reward for that.

"Wren," I mutter and stick out my hand, "give me the cupcake."

"But, Riley, I-"

"Cupcake!" I scream.

He places the sweet in my hand and hangs his head low. "You suck."

"Excuse me? This is all your fault!" I remind. "I'm going to make this punishment hell for you."

"Not even one bite?" he tries.

I shake my head and place the cupcake in front of Dexter. "It's Dexter's now."