Ch. 35 - Total Eclipse of the Jedi

"And that's why I believe the Earth is the center of the universe!"

Asher shoots me a 'I'm going to kill you' look as Georgia takes a large sip of her water, just before going on another illogical rant about a scientifically proven fact that she has proven incorrect.

I can tell she's just nervous. Steve hasn't shown up yet. Granted, he's only three minutes and forty-two seconds late.

Ah, forty-three.

"Uh, I hate to miss your theory on the Matrix, but.. I have to pee," Asher says. "Excuse me."

Georgia smiles. "Oh, no worries! I'll wait until you get back to continue!"

"Great!" Asher exclaims and gives her an enthusiastic thumbs up before leaving the booth.

Once Asher is out of sight, Georgia takes my hands in hers. "Oh my gosh. Am I acting weird? I'm so nervous. I've never been on a date before. What if Steve thinks I'm weird?"

"Oh, honey," I pat her shoulder, "he probably already thinks that!"

She rolls her eyes and lets out an odd breath of air, just a sound away from being a classified scream.

What is that? Four minutes and fifty-seven seconds?

"Okay, you need to relax! Steve seems really cool from how you described him. If he lasted a whole conversation with you and still wanted to go on a date, I think it's fate!"

"Really?" she asks hopefully.

I nod. "Yes! Oh, and quit drinking so much water. You're going to peeing all night."

"Sometimes when I'm nervous, I forget how to pee."

Five minutes and thirty-two seconds.

"Let's not tell Steve this, alright?" I pat her shoulder. "Alright."

"Riley, you're never going to guess who I ran into in the bathroom!" Asher says as he gets back, sitting next to me and wrapping an arm around my waist.

Georgia gasps. "Liam Hemsworth? Matt Damon? Bradley Cooper? Leonardo DiCaprio? Ben Affleck? Chris Hemsworth? Justin Bieber? Gerard Butler? Ryan Reynolds? Chris Evans? Brad Pitt?" She takes a pause to catch her breath. "Kyle Blackburn? Michael B. Jordan? Will Ferrell? Christian Bale? Eddie Redmayne? Harrison Ford? James Franco? Ice Cube?"

"You're getting warmer," Asher says with a straight face.

"Uh..." She pouts, trying to think of a solid guess. "I got it! Hugh Grant!"

"Close. It was-"

"Jedi!" I call out my guess when I see Asher's friend passing by our table.

"Yeah!" Asher grabs his friend by the sleeve of his shirt before he walks passed us. "Haven't seen you in a while, buddy."

"We just saw each other peeing," Jedi reminds awkwardly.

"Jedi?" Georgia asks in confusion. "You guys know Steve?"

My eyes widen. "You're the Steve?" Great!

Jedi and Ari were the ones who beat up Dexter. If Georgia finds out, she'll be super pissed. I guess she doesn't actually have to overreact, but people! It's Georgia! And on that note, I don't want to ruin her chance of being with someone who can stand her. What she doesn't know won't hurt her is what I say, eh?

"Ah, sick!" Asher exclaims. "Take a seat buddy. You should've told me you were going on a date with Georgia. I could've ordered for you."

"Wait a second," Georgia pauses, "did you date Steve or something?"